What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How good does it really drive ???

A

Anonymous

For those of us who have to suffer and wait
for our RCZ , can people who have one tell
us , how good does it drive ? What speeds
have you pushed it too ? And how good is it
in the corners ?
Interested to hear any feedback.
Thanks

A

Anonymous

its a true drivers car, grips the road, corners well, my hdi is quick on aceleration and has much speed you require. all in all a very nice motor to drive.

A

Anonymous

I have the 156GT and it beats the socks off my previous 2.0L coupé plus has lovely tight turning circle. I haven't pushed it beyond 75mph as I'm rarely on anything more than dual carriageway where the max on some stretches is 70mph and I'm a good girl (ever since that speeding ticket :oops: :lol: ) but it's plenty nimble and a joy to drive.

A

Anonymous

I have the 156 and it's very easy to drive. Had it up to about to a decent speed as far as traffic allowed (70, natch I would never go anywhere near 118). I would avoid putting the spoiler up into second position if fuel economy is a concern. Something (must be the extra downforce) means it drinks fuel when it's up. Especially as acceleration is slightly slow if you're not using a slower gear than really correct.

It holds the road round corners; at least as fast as I'm willing to go unless the road is empty although my friend who's an ex racing driver reckons it would give quite a bit more before losing grip.

Less fun in towns due to the width and you'll find nippier cars in the 10mph-20mph region but hardly disappointing

A

Anonymous

Mmmm.....interesting question.

It depends on how you chose to drive really.
If you want a car to tootle round town, up and down the motorway, etc then the car is perfectly adequate and you will really love the drive / handling.

2.0L HDI has good acceleration, although could never really be classed as "fast".
I wouldn't attempt to get in a "pulling away" contest with quite a few vehicles out there.

With regard corners, I find (my car anyway) that the steering has too much play in it for true, hard, on the nose cornering.
(I won't mention the size of the steering wheel)
Unfortunately for me, it feels now like my previous car did four years down the line with regard the steering.

This car seems to be more of a "show" car than a sports car.
This seems to be confirmed by the amount of "I love people looking at me / the car" posts on here.

Just my opinion. You will enjoy this car whatever way you choose to drive it.

A

Anonymous

My 200GT drives very well. I have pushed her to 225kph and she still had more to go. Naughty me but Chilean toll roads are generally free of traffic so I just had to let her rip to see! She corners very well and generally handles well, at least well enough for my needs. The nice notes of the butterfly valve almost make it impossible to drive slowly!!! You'll love it when it arrives.

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Chilean toll roads are generally free of traffic

Not only traffic free, but police radar free :lol: :lol:

I made a try from Madrid to Valencia with my actual car and tried 2-3 times to go faster than 200kph for a few seconds at 5 am (like 10 cars in 200 km...) and I got caught at 155kph somewhere near mid route :wave:

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
My 200GT drives very well. I have pushed her to 225kph and she still had more to go. Naughty me but Chilean toll roads are generally free of traffic so I just had to let her rip to see! She corners very well and generally handles well, at least well enough for my needs. The nice notes of the butterfly valve almost make it impossible to drive slowly!!! You'll love it when it arrives.

That's what I'm talking about !!!! good to hear , plan on giving her a real workout , once she is broken in.

A

Anonymous

I've had my GT DHi for just over two weeks now (still not had the weather for photo's) and I must admit, I'm pleased as punch as to the way it handles.

Plenty of poke throughout the gears and I've seen plenty off from a standing start with still room to play with under my right foot. (plus a further 4mm if I peel the carpert back from under the pedals :D )

Motorway driving is a dream and when you need to get passed anything, dropping it down to 5th is ample a kick to do whatever you need. (for the more ecco a driver, 6th will still get you through most motorway obsticles)

In the dry (not had too many of them days at the moment :( ) it's fantastic. Some reviews said that the HDi was too heavy to throw around tight bends and curves but everything I've thrown at my RCZ it's handled like a walk in the park.

To sum it up, to have the styling, performance (when needed), economy (51mpg) and a cabin which is quiet and full of everything you need, when choosing a new car it's a no brainer.

For those who have already got their RCZ's will hopefully agree and those who are still waiting for delivery, you have chosen the right car.

All the very best

Beef

A

Anonymous

Beefburga said:
..... and a cabin which is quiet ......

For those who have already got their RCZ's will hopefully agree and those who are still waiting for delivery, you have chosen the right car.

Can't say that I've found the cabin quiet.
Road noise is very pronounced, as are vehicles being overtaken / overtaking you. Wind is not too bad, although still audible.

I suppose it depends what vehicles you are trading up / down from as to the comparators.

Agree with your last sentence though, you will enjoy this car whatever your previous driving experience / knowledge.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Can't say that I've found the cabin quiet.
Road noise is very pronounced, as are vehicles being overtaken / overtaking you. Wind is not too bad, although still audible.

I suppose it depends what vehicles you are trading up / down from as to the comparators.

You have a point on the "it depends what vehicles you are trading up / down from", I've traded up from a Honda Civic Type S GT which at the end of it's time with me it was like driving around in a tool box.

Road noise is definatley present but I'd take that every day of the week over opting for smaller wheels with greater profile tyre.

What did you trade up / down from if you dont mind me asking?.

Beef

A

Anonymous

RCZ007 said:
ValleNorte said:

That's what I'm talking about !!!! good to hear , plan on giving her a real workout , once she is broken in.

Giving my car a workout is part of the breaking in process as far as I am concerned! I dont poodle around for the first 100 miles to "bed in". Most all car salesmen and mechanics I have talked to says it just isnt necessary nowadays. Give it some welly from the off! Have fun!

A

Anonymous

[quote="Beefburga
You have a point on the "it depends what vehicles you are trading up / down from", I've traded up from a Honda Civic Type S GT which at the end of it's time with me it was like driving around in a tool box.

Road noise is definatley present but I'd take that every day of the week over opting for smaller wheels with greater profile tyre.

What did you trade up / down from if you dont mind me asking?.

Beef[/quote]

Hi Beef,

Traded Down from a Volvo S40 T5 SE Sport 2.5l Turbo.

Have to say that it has to be the best all-rounder car I have ever had.
Unbelievably fast, steady and pin-sharp handling.
All the refinements / mod-cons with all the controls strategically placed for optimum driver ease /comfort.

Should have gone for another, although thought I'd try the RCZ out for three years.
Plus the Volvo Garage local to me weren't too good at Customer Service so wasn't in a rush to go back.
Probably go back to the Audi Garage when the RCZs time is up, Customer Service second to none (although haven't experienced Peugeot Servicing yet).

Best Driver's car was the VX220 (which a few on here have also had).
Now that was a car that was "minimal" on the inside ;)

Never liked the Honda Civics....reminds me of a VW Beetle for some reason :eusa-think: ......and they all seem to be driven by young, hot chicks - which put me off from driving round in one.

Anyway, each to their own. Life and the world would certainly be dull if we all liked the same thing

:beer:

A

Anonymous

I've had 2 Volvo's. Both 2.0 TDi's, the last one, the (then) new shape S40, loved it.

It Just lacked a bit of grunt when I needed it. the 2.5 would have given me that no doubt.

I opted for the Civic for a bit of fun, originally going for the Type R but for the miles I do a year it just didn't make sense.

I'm loving the RCZ but today in the snow!!!!!......................... My arse was like a Japanese camera lense on several occasions.

All the best pal

Beef