What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How do you clean your wheels?

renegade79

Reaction score
I don’t mind washing the car but I hate cleaning the alloys? There is never a brush suitable enough for fitting between the spokes and the wheels are generally too dirty to use the same cloths that you would use on the paintwork.
What tips/tricks do people use generally? Wheel cleaners, wheel brushes etc etc. All ideas welcome!! :greetings-wavingblue:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
I just use a separate sponge and bucket. I find the brushes never seem to get into all of the crevices.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two brushes. One for wheel faces, and one for getting between the spokes.

Although if I can get away with just a squirt of cleaner and a rinse I do!

My RCZ wheels are easy to clean though compared to the wheels that were on my 508 GT.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
renegade79 said:
I don’t mind washing the car but I hate cleaning the alloys? There is never a brush suitable enough for fitting between the spokes and the wheels are generally too dirty to use the same cloths that you would use on the paintwork.
What tips/tricks do people use generally? Wheel cleaners, wheel brushes etc etc. All ideas welcome!! :greetings-wavingblue:

Hi Renegade,

I bought some fallout remover from detailers passion spray it onto well soiled alloys and all the iron crap brake dust etc turns purple and runs off your alloys you may have to agitate it with a brush on bad areas but then rinse off and you’ll find sparkling alloys!

My secret weapon though to get right into the spokes and the inside rim I picked up from Halfords and it’s been one of the best cleaning aids I’ve ever used it’s about 15” long including handle and around 2” square two different sides for different cleaning which covers a sponge inner so holds plenty of water. I think it was around £6 money well spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5970.JPG
    IMG_5970.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 4,844
  • IMG_5971.JPG
    IMG_5971.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 4,844

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

You’ve just got too much time on your hands Mick. :lol:
By the way my little green tickling stick is fab! :crazy:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
to both your statements......

Yeah I know !!! :thumbup: I want one !! :thumbup:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I've recently had my wheels off the car so gave them a full detail and ceramic coat on the bench. Hopefully now, just a simple jet wash will suffice :)

Edit: I wish I was as anal about car cleaning as this guy. Very useful videos.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_18VlRvxTsk[/youtube]