What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

how do you access the rear lights

A

Anonymous

just a quick question i have just purchased a set of 380 led stop/tail bulbs in red £25 from autobulbsdirect,anyhow took the cover off inside the boot had a look but couldnt see any access to the bulbs................???does the full rear cluster need to be taken off the car to change the bulbs if so has anyone done this???

A

Anonymous

Page 174 of handbook shows you how

unclip access flap, disconnect the lamp connector, remove the two lamp fixing bolts.
unclip the lamp taking hold of it at the base, then tilt up.

Looks simple to do

Lets us know how they look compared to standard ones

A

Anonymous

LOL..... looks simple.
Take off the panel in the boot and fumble inside towards the light until you find the butterfly plastic nuts (there are two one close to you, one a bit away)
Undo the nuts, beware LONG thread ............. (and I don't mean on here)
With both wing nuts removed, the lamp lifts at the rear of the car a bit, BUT its held in place by a rubber grommet at the front/top.
THIS wants a bit of force to get the lamp out of the grommet, hope you do not have finger nails, as you will loose them.
You can now unplug the power supply and hold the lamp in you hands to remove bulbs or whatever.
To refit, plug in power, TEST!!!! (do not put it all back to find a bit don't work) push the unit home in the grommet HARD ( or do as I did add a bit of self drying lubricant) :eusa-whistle: fumble inside with plastic wing nuts, DO NOT DROP ONE, god knows where they would go. Do not over tighten the wing nuts.
Replace boot cover panel.

Beware I found that LED bulbs did not light the top of the rear lamp assembly (you know that nice bit the the rear light has at the top) and you do NOT need red LED bulbs as the plastic is coloured so the bulbs are clear. BTW its the same bulb on the stop/tail as the front DRL/side light bulb.

Paul141
:beer:

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
LOL..... looks simple.
Take off the panel in the boot and fumble inside towards the light until you find the butterfly plastic nuts (there are two one close to you, one a bit away)
Undo the nuts, beware LONG thread ............. (and I don't mean on here)
With both wing nuts removed, the lamp lifts at the rear of the car a bit, BUT its held in place by a rubber grommet at the front/top.
THIS wants a bit of force to get the lamp out of the grommet, hope you do not have finger nails, as you will loose them.
You can now unplug the power supply and hold the lamp in you hands to remove bulbs or whatever.
To refit, plug in power, TEST!!!! (do not put it all back to find a bit don't work) push the unit home in the grommet HARD ( or do as I did add a bit of self drying lubricant) :eusa-whistle: fumble inside with plastic wing nuts, DO NOT DROP ONE, god knows where they would go. Do not over tighten the wing nuts.
Replace boot cover panel.

Beware I found that LED bulbs did not light the top of the rear lamp assembly (you know that nice bit the the rear light has at the top) and you do NOT need red LED bulbs as the plastic is coloured so the bulbs are clear. BTW its the same bulb on the stop/tail as the front DRL/side light bulb.

Paul141

Thanks for the info paul your a gent and led ADDICT :dance: :) but i thought a white led bulb will give a pink light through a red lense,i was going to get the same one's i got for the front drl's but only in red also the one's you fitted where they 360 degree bulbs???

A

Anonymous

Yes 360 LED, but for some strange reason they did not light the whole lamp assembly :eusa-think:
I have a feeling the red LED will make the rear lights have a low output, last thing you may want on dark wet night on a busy M25. Could be wrong ? :?

Paul141

Buddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the useful thread as there is no mention in the handbook of the grommet and associated peg! It's easy when you know!