What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Holes on side of engine

ScottI74

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I’ve discovered small holes on the driver’s side of my RCZ’s 156bhp thp engine. They are just under where the head is bolted to the block. One near the front of the engine, one near the rear. There is a small amount of oil leaking from both.
Is there a breather pipe missing or rubber plugs?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thankyou in advance!

ScottI74

Reaction score
Tried to upload pic but the file is too big somehow.
Seem to have it now tho:)

Attachments

• 3CEBFE55-8D18-45BA-88F7-325147162800.png
    3CEBFE55-8D18-45BA-88F7-325147162800.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 10,399

tianorth

Reaction score
File size has to be less than 256kb.

You can use an app called tapatalk, it automatically resizes images for you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tianorth

Reaction score
A few on here have reported oil leaking from the rocker cover seal.

One person has made a modification which has I believe stopped the leak for quite sometime.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep definitely rocker cover gasket, had mine replaced this year by dealer £80 and it’s still weeping :helpme: Someone on here had to replace the actual rocker cover to solve the problem.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
My 200 has the tiniest weep. I just ignore it :greetings-wavingblue:

ScottI74

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The other problem I have is that the cooling fan is on almost constantly. I think this is because of this leak. I read somewhere that a guy hadn’t put his oil cap on correctly and because the sensor knew there was an issue, it kicked the fan on. I believe the leak and the fan coming on could be related. Any thoughts?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I wouldn’t have thought a slight oil leak would make the cooling fan come on. Is your coolant level ok?

The fan in the Z does kick in most of the time, this is due to the engine in the Z running quite hot. Does the temp gauge show 90 degrees ? That is the correct running temp for the Z.

ScottI74

Reaction score
Hiya. Yeh the oil temp shows at 90 degrees. The issue with the fan is that it comes on even on a cold start (even overnight), the coolant is fine and there are no low-level or fault indicators coming on. (Touch wood!)
I wouldn’t have thought the leak would’ve caused the fan issue either until I read about the guy not putting his oil cap properly and the sensor working out something was wrong.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Apart from the sensor issues I had with the GT200, I have not problem with head gasket, saw this stuff and maybe worth a try to you guys who have the leaking h/gasket?

maybe save a few quid - does say money back guarantee ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
NO!!! Don’t put that stuff in whatever you do :helpme: that’s a last resort measure for blown Head gaskets not for weeping rocker cover gaskets :crazy:
And to be honest I doubt if it would seal a blown head gasket! These products prey on skint punters who are faced with huge repair bills and resort to a not so cheap miracle fix I know I’ve been there :cry:

tianorth

Reaction score
The fans also run if the aircon is on, they are use to cool the refrigerants so you get cold air in the cabin.

tianorth

Reaction score
Probably need to take rocker cover off clean seal and sealing face.
Replace using instant gasket also, hopefully this will seal the gaps that the rocker cover seal cannot seal.

2retro

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
NO!!! Don’t put that stuff in whatever you do :helpme: that’s a last resort measure for blown Head gaskets not for weeping rocker cover gaskets :crazy:
And to be honest I doubt if it would seal a blown head gasket! These products prey on skint punters who are faced with huge repair bills and resort to a not so cheap miracle fix I know I’ve been there :cry:

I second this. Don't use that crap unless you want to completely screw your engine. :eek:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
does say money back guarantee ?

So that would be your £4.60 back. Should help towards the £1600 engine repair bill :eusa-think: :wtf:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think that stuff is a bit like the old “Radseal” for leaking radiators.

Yes, it stopped the radiator leak (sometimes) but it also stopped water flowing through thermostats, small bore coolant pipes, everything really.

Quick fix ? You decide :eusa-think:

ScottI74

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Now booked in for a new rocker cover gasket. I’ll wait and see if it fixes the fan issue too!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Wow - screwed that one !! :thumbdown:

I thought that stuff was a gasket type sealer, not a liquid additive.

I would never put that stuff in my car for all the things you guys say.

I just saw it whilst I was looking for something else, didn't read the how and what have yous.