What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High pitched whine [CURED] - faulty fuel pump!

A

Anonymous

I have just had a high pitched whine sorted on my 2012 200GT RCZ. I only bought in in March 2014 but noticed there was a definite high pitched constant whine noticeable both in the cabin and outside the car. It was un-related to engine speed and seemed to be coming from about 2/3 of the way down the car. I confirmed my suspicions of it being a noisy pump of some sort by a brief google search, which turned up a forum post (below). The car has since gone to Fish Bros Pug in Swindon (am collecting tomorrow) for a replacement fuel pump (covered under Warranty) which I believe has cured the problem.

It appears I'm not the only one to have had this issue (http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/thp200-noises-t809.html) so I've posted here in full detail to ensure it will appear in the forum search, for anyone with similar symptoms! :thumbup: