What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High pitched noise

A

Anonymous

Note sure if anyone can maybe test this with their car, specifically the 200PS one.

I am experiencing a high pitch noise, going along the lines of a tinnitus that i can reproduce with exactly this speed/gear:
4th gear, 75-80 km/h (~2500-2800 rounds)

The noise is nothing mechanic and seems to come from the middle/right front part of the car. It is not specifically loud, but very annoying due to the high pitch.
My PUG dealer has not yet been able to figure out what is causing this, it's back in the garage right now for another try.
There is no difference if i am on the gas or not, nor if the ventilation is on/off.

any help to figure out if or if not this is a "normal" thing would be appreciated. Like I said it really is not loud, just high pitch ..

Thanks in advance for any comments, ideas or infos on if you are or are not hearing the same noise (can't really record it, i tried)

A

Anonymous

p3ncilcase said:
It is not specifically loud, but very annoying due to the high pitch.

Is there a woman in the Passenger Seat :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

actually no to both. i made my PUG dealer get 2 cars of the same model over for testing. the noise is confirmed for this model at least. They have NO idea where it's coming from, and no, it's not the turbo.
I have sent a mail to Peugeot Germany and am awaiting reply at the moment, will post back once i know more.

A

Anonymous

it is quite likely it is from the sender unit in the fuel tank, I have had mine changed twice due to high pitched noise

A

Anonymous

Could be your air vents ?
mine give off a high whistle noise sometimes, even if the fan is off.

A

Anonymous

I go with the high pressure pump in the tank, they was a know problem in the very early ones.

A

Anonymous

is any one of you able to reproduce this at the exact speed/gear i mentioned?

A

Anonymous

I noticed a sound very like yours but at 75mph in 6th in my Sport [200] last night. If I lift off the accelerator it goes away immediately so it's definitely not wind noise/vent noise, it has to be something electrically powered or mechanical. I've only had my car for 2 weeks, I'd not noticed it until last night but I'm keeping an eye on it, my drive to work this morning was all commuter traffic but I'll be going on the dual carriageway tonight to see if it does it again.

A

Anonymous

I hear exactly the same like you describe. I do have the diesel version. And it's also only in 4the gear at 75 km/h.
Did you figure it out yet what the problem was?