What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

High Clutch

A

Anonymous

Hi folks.
Some of you may have seen my post last week. I have now had my rcz for 3 weeks, still not getting used to the high clutch. On previous cars I have always driven with my foot resting but not depressing the clutch. So now I'm doing the same automatically. However, as a result of the high position of the clutch I am basically slightly depressing it and my leg feels awkward. I have tried resting my leg to the side but feel my reaction time to breaking is hindered.

Some body here mentioned a foot rest will this be as high as the clutch ? Hence my knee would just be bending again. Any ideas I don't want to be damaging my new beautiful car : (

A

Anonymous

Thanks Snowy I think ive tried that but my 5 ft legs struggled. I guess my high heels don't help either. ; )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Snowy adapted in his heels... ;) :lol:

Yeah, that was me that highlighted the high clutch. It will take time to find a comfortable driving position but you will adapt. It took me some time as I found that I couldn't raise the steering wheel high enough to lift my leg off the clutch fully (I'm 6ft1). I adapted and got used to it. I always drive with my foot over the clutch like yourself. Have you played with the wheel rack to see if you can gain some clearance and allow you to continue driving in your natural style?

A

Anonymous

I'm used to it now but if I'm driving around for hours in London stop start traffic my leg bloody aches!! I sit quite far back too and have the seat low funnily enough

A

Anonymous

Tou want to tey being 6ft 4 and having size 13 feet !!!:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Hehe some big boys driving the rcz's. Mrizxle sorry to be a little stupid but what's a wheel rack?

A

Anonymous

;)

It's the little adjustment lever that is located at the bottom left of the steering wheel panel. This lifts and will allow you to move the steering wheel up and down and closer to you or farther away. It can only be altered while the vehicle is stationary. No such thing as a silly question and definitely worth a fiddle with.

A

Anonymous

if all else fails....

frankvdb

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
;)

It's the little adjustment lever that is located at the bottom left of the steering wheel panel. This lifts and will allow you to move the steering wheel up and down and closer to you or farther away. It can only be altered while the vehicle is stationary. No such thing as a silly question and definitely worth a fiddle with.

It's purely mechanical so you can also adjust it while driving (have done so) but I would not recommend it...
Also please avoid "riding the clutch" because it will wear out leading to expensive repairs that could easily have been avoided.

A

Anonymous

Ok I'll try the wheel rack rack adjustment. Panicking now that im wearing the clutch. Can Peugeot actually lower it?

A

Anonymous

kin, deep breath...aaaand...relax!! It sounds very much like you might be partially depressing the clutch pedal but not actually engaging it. You're not going to wear it out like that!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Kin I think you may need a foot rest. It's not a good idea to rest your foot on the clutch :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I have to ask as this topic keeps coming up. Why are the clutches on the HDi variants different from those of the petrol? My clutch pedal seems fine, or have I just adjusted to it?

frankvdb

Reaction score
The powertrain from the HDi is different from the petrol anyway.
They will have used what is used on other Peugeot HDi using the same powertrain.

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
They will have used what is used on other Peugeot HDi using the same powertrain.

So my clutch height really is different then, hence I'm not aware of this issue :D

frankvdb

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
frankvdb said:

So my clutch height really is different then, hence I'm not aware of this issue :D

I've never driven a THP but have driven plently of other cars and can say that the HDi clutch feels similar to an average clutch.

A

Anonymous

You get used to the high clutch quite quickly. You might need to concentrate for the first few weeks but muscle-memory soon sets in and your leg will just adapt. But try not to rest it on the pedal, there is room to the left to rest your foot. Depending on the width of your feet/shoes you may need a quick wiggle to get it past the pedal but there is definitely room. The foot rest mentioned elsewhere mounts here so it's definitive behind and lower than resting your foot on the pedal. But it's decorative, you can just rest your foot there without it.

Bear with it, my THP200 is the total opposite of my other car which has a bite point way lower than average and my much better half's car is in between, i.e. average. I swap happily between all three now, no thought required.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Pe!ter

Reaction score
Just got my first petrol rcz it is definitely higher than my previous diesel I was thinking the car needed a new clutch until I read this thread is it normal to be so high on a petrol then