What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HID Conversion Kit for 2013 RCZ

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a UK road legal HID Conversion kit for dipped beams for the 2013 RCZ?

Ive been looking on eBay but someone has warned me that some aren't road legal so want to be sure what I'm buying wont fail my MOT.

TIA

A

Anonymous

PS. their not as cheap as the Great Ebay! but thats because their not as "cheap" and you get what you pay for!!! :wtf:

A

Anonymous

These say 2010-2012 models only, do they not fit 2013 as mine is March 2013.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I don't see why not. I doubt they have changed the bulb type just cause of the facelift. But do have someone verify before you buy something.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
I don't see why not. I doubt they have changed the bulb type just cause of the facelift. But do have someone verify before you buy something.

From another thread:
RCZ-Performance said:
The Problem with the facelift RCZ is that the headlamps do not allow for the HID bulbs to fit, the depth is shallow and the bulbs are too long for them. This is why we state that these bulbs are only for 2010-2012 pre-facelift RCZ's.

If you do locate a HID upgrade that fits definitely let us know.

Our kits do not trigger any EML/CEL codes as they work with the Canbus system of the RCZ.

Thats from the RCZ Performance website's account here on these forums (Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7419)

A

Anonymous

Neonic said:
So does no one have a verified kit they know of then?

There is NO Road legal...HID Conversion kit for any car in the UK...Any kit used doesnt conform to road legislation.Simple you need a Canbus compatible plug and go kit for the H7 dipped beams,same goes for the H1 full beam,these are available from Autobulbs.co.uk and from HIDS4U.CO.UK.Just enter a 2011,12,13 whatever year for a non Xenon PUG 308 as the rcz isnt mentioned in their car designation/model list...and they will show you a few...they roughly start at £89 but i would go for the best kit with a 6000k setting

A

Anonymous

After a little more research on this subject i have come across another worrying warning

As RCZ-Performance website said the kits are not all that compatible with the 2013+ model and i have been told one of the reason why they shouldn't be used is that they sit too close to the plastic on the headlight and due to their heat can actually melt a hole in them.

The guy i spoke to said if you want to convert to HID Xenon Lights i should buy the whole headlamp cluster rather than the kits.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible? That i can just buy a headlight cluster and drop that right in or will it need more than just plugging it in (and adding a balast ofc)?

If it is just replace the cluster and away you go, anyone know where i can buy a set of xenon clusters?

P.S Why is this so hard....damn you Peugeot, all i want is ******* hid lights!

frankvdb

Reaction score
Well, Peugeot do offer the Vision Pack for xenon light and you should have opted for that.
Any country where xenon lights are legal also require automatic leveling mechanism and headlight washers so it isn't an easy drop-in replacement.
I had some damage a while ago where one unit needed to be replaced and it was around EUR. 1000, so it wouldn't be cheap either...

A

Anonymous

A brand new set of Xenon headlights will cost roughly £1500/£1700 only available from Peugeot parts department plus alterations to the wiring looms there are few who have fitted hid kits on their car's with no problems

A

Anonymous

But not to the face lifted RCZ jassy. Well at least to my knowledge.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

@frank I didn't buy the car brand new so didn't have that option

So by the sounds of it I'm sh*t out of luck, that's really lame; the car doesn't look right with 5300k DRLs and yellow headlights, even the whitest halogens I could find are still very yellow compared to the DRLs. Im totally not willing to spend £1000+ for Xenons though when the kits are only ~£75-£100, I just wish there was a kit that was suitable for the facelift :(

What a letdown :brickwall:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
We sell many of the HID kits but state that the buyer must check with local laws before installing them.

We have not found a HID bulb that is short enough to fit. All HID bulbs that we find are all similar in length and this is why they produce the light they do.

It is unfortunate that you are the second owner of the car and it was not optioned for what is considered the best upgrade to the RCZ and that is the Vision Pack.

As also mentioned if you were to buy new lamp assemblies and all the bits you are looking at, it will cost in excess of £1,500.00.

If we do find short HID bulbs that work with our kits, we will post this information on our Facebook page.

We sell all the bulbs that you can find on Autobulbs Direct and HIDS4U (this is the same company), if do not list the bulbs you are looking for, we can still get them, just ask us.

A

Anonymous

Im not too fussed about the law, i will just swap the bulbs back when i mot it, it more a case of finding a kit that fits at this stage.

I hope someone develops one, its kind of hard to justify £1500+ to my wife for headlights :lol:

A

Anonymous

The NEWER BUMPERED RCZ has THE 2012 308 headlamp DESIGN didnt i say this ,there is no difference to the the "bulb fitment" or HID KIT BETWEEN EITHER OLD FRONT OR NEW RCZ :wtf:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
The NEWER BUMPERED RCZ has THE 2012 308 headlamp DESIGN didnt i say this ,there is no difference to the the "bulb fitment" or HID KIT BETWEEN EITHER OLD FRONT OR NEW RCZ :wtf:

So how come the shop that sells them says they dont fit?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Neonic said:
jassyo06 said:

So how come the shop that sells them says they dont fit?

Could you do us a favour because we mention that the bulbs are too long based upon a previous customers experience after selling them a set. Could you measure the length of the factory bulb and try and determine the length what could be the maximum length of bulb that can fit or you would want to fit without it hitting the lamp assembly.

Please note that our H7 HID conversion bulbs measure 48mm from base to the top.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

See attached image for picture

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 4,957