What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi to all ...[and sheepishly please advise]

Adriano

Reaction score
I have just discovered this beautiful car from Peugeot. I did not know about the RCZ but have seen others from their stable, e.g., 207CC.
Anyhow , i just wanted to say hello and ask for your advice as I am in the market for one of these to replace my Alfa.
As you are aware, it is very difficult to find a good specimen on the used car market as they are very few and far between.
Most , if not all, are also high mileage ones.
What do you think about a good 1-owner example with about 50-70k on the clock, with a 12,13,14 plate?
What very obvious things I should look out for when test driving it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Adriano.

turboguy

Reaction score
There is a decent amount out there, depends if you prefer the older front end (upto 2012/13) or the newer front end(2013 onwards). Also wether you after petrol or diesel motor. depends on your budget whether its high mileage or not. Just buy one with a full service history and that its had regular oil changes especially on the petrol variants.

Danoctoman

Reaction score
I have just discovered this beautiful car from Peugeot. I did not know about the RCZ but have seen others from their stable, e.g., 207CC.
Anyhow , i just wanted to say hello and ask for your advice as I am in the market for one of these to replace my Alfa.
As you are aware, it is very difficult to find a good specimen on the used car market as they are very few and far between.
Most , if not all, are also high mileage ones.
What do you think about a good 1-owner example with about 50-70k on the clock, with a 12,13,14 plate?
What very obvious things I should look out for when test driving it?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Adriano.
It depends if you want petrol or Diesel?
I would recommend the second generation, as I feel the front end looks the best.
Both engines are very good, and used in a number of models and other car manufacturers, BMW for example.
Service history log is important of course.

Ive owned a GT since new and she’s now 7yrs old with 40,000 miles only as it our second car.
I absolutely love it!
it’s sweet to drive, but lacks steering feedback when pushed hard, but it’s very entertaining without being crazy fast. Comfortable for the type of car, and still turns heads!
Faults: LED control unit failed two years ago,
Quoted £400 to replace, but had done my research and found it was a known issues, so pursued it!
They then agreed to replace for £80 ;)
Otherwise it’s been a great car.
You will find this forum very helpful for advice and technical issues,
As with any RCZ, it depends on how it’s been driven as to reliability…
Just to mention I sold my Audi TT Q, to buy the RCZ! No regrets at all.
The RCZ a future classic and even now holding their prices.

Adriano

Reaction score
Hi there,
Thank you for your kind comments.
Sorry, I forgot to say it has to be a petrol engine version. Also, a THP or GT one [the ones with the timing chains and not rubber belts] should do it.
Thanks again,
Kind regards.