What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi there!

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Because the time may come I need the help of professionals (that would be you guys) for a thing or two on my RCZ, I thought I'd introduce myself!
My name is Sander, 19 years old, living in Holland. Currently attending Tilburg University, Fiscal Law and I have a graphic design business of my own
on the side. Bought myself a pretty fancy new Aygo when I turned 18, but after about a year I found it not to be 'my kind of car'. Started looking
around and found myself a very nice 2011 RCZ, black metallic, with the 19" black Solstice rims, leather and 3D Nav. Had 20000 km on the clock,
so not bad! Previous driver just didn't handle the rims with care, unfortunately..

Pictures will follow soon!

Sander

PS: It's a 156HP version, since I couldn't get the 200HP version insured at my age... (discrimination? :roll: )

A

Anonymous

A "fancy Aygo"?! Surely that's a contradiction in terms?! :lol: I am so glad to hear that you've chosen better this time round. They are rather contrasting cars so goodness knows how you chose so badly first time round!! ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum and your car sounds great. That's a shame that the previous owner elected to take such poor care of the alloys! Will you seek to get them refurbished? I look forward to seeing pictures of your purchase.

Ps - is insurance notoriously high for male drivers in the Netherlands between the ages of 17 and 25 as it is in the UK? I still think you've done VERY well to have an RCZ at 17 it took me another 10 years on you to be able to fund this car.

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: think ur doing well my 1st car a talbot samba cost me £500 :dance:

A

Anonymous

@mrizzle: Haha, I wouldn't believe that to be a contradiction in terms, but that depends how you interpret the term 'fancy'. For an Aygo, it was pretty fancy. Completely black, tintend windows, spoiler, 'noisy' exhaust, 15inch rims with a red line, lowering springs etc. (Might have some of these terms wrong, don't know every translation to English). Pretty fun car to start with, but in no way comparison to the RCZ, that's true. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the rims, for now I'm going to leave them like this. Insurance is pretty goddamn expensive (that's actually an understatement) for people my age, here in Holland it also gets better around the age of 24,25. However, I shouldn't be complaining, I'm 19 and I have a beauty of a car!

@bigmac: Thanks, exactly what I thought!

A

Anonymous

Hey that's another great thread "What was your first car". Mine was a Datsun 120Y for a week until my father borrowed it and wrote it off on some ice. My next was a 12 yr old morris 1100 (wipes little tear from eye!).

A

Anonymous

Peugeot 309 XSi 1.6 new cherry red - was a very lucky boy !!!

A

Anonymous

sandervh2 said:
@mrizzle: Haha, I wouldn't believe that to be a contradiction in terms, but that depends how you interpret the term 'fancy'. For an Aygo, it was pretty fancy. Completely black, tintend windows, spoiler, 'noisy' exhaust, 15inch rims with a red line, lowering springs etc. (Might have some of these terms wrong, don't know every translation to English). Pretty fun car to start with, but in no way comparison to the RCZ, that's true. Not sure what I'm gonna do about the rims, for now I'm going to leave them like this. Insurance is pretty goddamn expensive (that's actually an understatement) for people my age, here in Holland it also gets better around the age of 24,25. However, I shouldn't be complaining, I'm 19 and I have a beauty of a car!

@bigmac: Thanks, exactly what I thought!

Well your grasp of English is a heck of a lot better than my grasp of Dutch!!

Well it certainly sounds like you had a rather interesting Aygo!! I'd love to see some pics of it!

Yup, insurance is a costly business at your age (and for some time after). Still, you'll probably be thankful of the 156BHP as fuel prices continue to rise!!

A

Anonymous

@mrizzle, haha, I'm sure it is! Interesting would be the right word, some pictures aren't a problem. About the 156BHP: you're probably right, let's not forget I drove an Aygo, this is like a Ferrari to me! ;)
Pictures of the RCZ will follow soon, I don't have a garage for her so she sleeps outside. She get's dirty pretty damn fast... probably gonna wash her this weekend, will take some photos right after!

MY FANCY AYGO :D