What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi! ODBC reader/reset tool (ABS also)

MaccaManus

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’m am after some info on a couple of points!

Firstly can anyone suggest an ODBC2 reader that can see the ABS system on a RCZ? A general one would be preferred over a manufacturer specific.

Secondly, reason for asking is I was gonna buy a RCZ 1.6GT but before I even got there the guy said the ABS light was on! He has since sent a video and filmed him doing the “check” on dash but no lights for ABS. So it is intermittent. Car is an hour away and even seen in it person as yet. Hence my first point.

What is worst case scenario re ABS situation and approximate costs? Have had a 206GTI in past but not clued up on the RCZ! Have test drove one in the past so would have a comparison at least.

I would like to spend as little as possible for ODBC2, but one that covers ABS also I think would be worth it!.

Pedro

Reaction score
May be a dirty sensor/ pick up ring needs cleaning they rarely cause any issues as Neil states but depends on the condition of car there is a post from Goatz on here regarding the ABS light fault

Jumper

Reaction score
The regular £25 OBD II readers dont tend to read or display ABS faults. Make sure whatever you get states as above that it does read the ABS system. It is possible as mentioned it's dirt in the sensor. Because the fault is not permanent I'd say it was a dirty sensor. I have had the same fault on another car it only came on when doing over 60mph!

MaccaManus

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Viewing it tomorrow... it’s cheap because of ABS/ESP light.. .. guy ^leaving country, sick relatives in bulgaria^

Don’t have time to get diag tool now. Soo Mmmmmmmmm

Any worst case scenarios?

MaccaManus

Reaction score

MaccaManus

Reaction score
The regular £25 OBD II readers dont tend to read or display ABS faults. Make sure whatever you get states as above that it does read the ABS system. It is possible as mentioned it's dirt in the sensor. Because the fault is not permanent I'd say it was a dirty sensor. I have had the same fault on another car it only came on when doing over 60mph!
Thanks mate, was thinking similar myself. Test drive will hopefully tell me more! Have said to guy I want a long test drive and will even put petrol in! Lol He is happy with that. Think there is a diag place near so may chance my arm on train there and book it in for what £50! Cheapest RCZ in country! Mmmmm 99k receipt for 2 years ago for £5400

2retro

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for reply. Don’t have time now to get it before viewing. Looking at local garages for quick diag test on test drive!

Does this cover many vehicles?
It covers one car make of your choice for life and you can buy other makes to add to it as necessary. It's basically the same functionality as the ones the garages use except theirs cover all makes and this just the one you need.

MaccaManus

Reaction score
Update. Have committed cardinal sin! Didn’t get diag done, garage couldn’t spend the 5 mins required! 😱
ABS/ESP on and off.. more on! Lol drives perfectly fine done about 70 miles so far. CHECK COOLANT light on randomly also, coolant level fine so maybe just needs bleeding?

2retro.... is there not a device than can do general vehicles? Seems like a one horse pony? But do want a diag machine for starting to resolve issues! Was a gamble but at £2.2k 2011 1.6 GT 98k service history till 60k and private mate of owner with some receipts for last two years.

Big gamble! But quite tidŷ inside and out and drives perfect.

MaccaManus

Reaction score
It covers one car make of your choice for life and you can buy other makes to add to it as necessary. It's basically the same functionality as the ones the garages use except theirs cover all makes and this just the one you need.
How much for other makes to be added bud?

Tecnodave

Reaction score
Hi there,

Firstly can anyone suggest an ODBC2 reader that can see the ABS system on a RCZ? A general one would be preferred over a manufacturer specific.

Secondly, reason for asking is I was gonna buy a RCZ 1.6GT but before I even got there the guy said the ABS light was on! He has since sent a video and filmed him doing the “check” on dash but no lights for ABS. So it is intermittent. Car is an hour away and even seen in it person as yet. Hence my first point.

What is worst case scenario re ABS situation and approximate costs? Have had a 206GTI in past but not clued up on the RCZ! Have test drove one in the past so would have a comparison at least.

I would like to spend as little as possible for ODBC2, but one that covers ABS also I think would be worth it!.
I us the autel al619eu cost around £60 from amazon works great on my daughters rcz. plus it translates the code, and tells you what the problem is, in plain English. problem with Peugeot cars is that they

Tecnodave

Reaction score
tend to through
Hi there,

I use the autel al619eu cost around £60. it translates the code instantly, so no seartching

2retro

Reaction score
How much for other makes to be added bud?
If I remember correctly it's £15 a year for another car make. Only Peugeot vehicles in my household though so not something I have had to do myself. 👍