What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi newbie looking for pointers on buying first car

Plecodoras

Reaction score
S/S exhaust not standard spec. Tony Banks will make one up with quads in S/S with lifetime warranty for £500.

Like the look upto now with your choices.... I let my blue dolphin gt200 go for 7700 with 26k on the clock, quads / feline pack etc etc etc - timing eh?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I prefer the black gloss - double post computer froze . :thumbdown:

Your alloys are mint Neil, what you need to go with them is a nice lil ol white rcz R :thumbup:

braveheart

Reaction score
One of the cars is a diesel I'm going to see any pros or cons to having a diesel.
Or point me in the direction of a thread.

cheers

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I think gloss is better than matte mine are more a satin black but powder coat is either gloss or matte.
No I'm not sure if the standard exhaust is stainless but I've never heard of one rotting and dropping off so they maybe.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
I prefer the black gloss - double post computer froze . :thumbdown:

Your alloys are mint Neil, what you need to go with them is a nice lil ol white rcz R :thumbup:
Should have gone to specsavers Mick! :lol: :lol: black does hide a multitude of sins though, they're not bad but have been touched up quite a few times and the painted finish is starting to flake. :beer:
Your R is probably the only Z I've seen that I could possibly swap mine for.
Mates rates????
PS I forgot, can't do due to the R having no heated seats Karin likes a warm bum! :lol: :lol:
That kinda sounded wrong ;)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
PS I forgot, can't do due to the R having no heated seats Karin likes a warm bum! :lol: :lol:
That kinda sounded wrong ;)

Eyup Neil,

Look I'm trying to keep this clean !!! What you and Karin get upto is your business, tell her to stand closer to the fire !! :dance:

Hey heated seats or not the Alcantara leather is really cosy - don't need them, now they DO give you a warm bum ..

:beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just pulled this from a review site... It seems to have covered the usual main probs the RCZ has;-

Peugeot RCZ problems: Buyer beware…
ENGINE

Early cars suffered timing chain and tensioner problems, so find a car that has had them replaced. Power loss on the 2.0 HDi could be a faulty ECU (it needs updating). The engine running on after switch-off could be a contaminated DPF. Noise from the timing belt at idle could be a faulty hydraulic silencer on the coolant hose. On all models, listen for a noise from the front right-hand upper engine mount when cornering. On all engines, old oil can cause idling problems. On the 197bhp 1.6, power loss could indicate a faulty turbo bypass solenoid.
TRANSMISSION

On the 2.0 HDi and 154bhp 1.6, shift from third to second to check if the gearbox slips to neutral. If it does, the gearshift control may need adjusting. On the 197bhp 1.6, awkward shifts can be caused by water in the gearbox.
SUSPENSION

A knock at the front can be caused by upper shock absorber mounts.
BRAKES

Check for the ABS warning light, which could indicate damaged wiring in the wheel speed sensor.
ELECTRICAL

A ‘gong’ noise means the battery is failing to hold its charge and should be replaced. Instrument display on early cars had lighting glitches that should have been resolved. Check for water ingress in the boot lock.
INTERIOR

Strong and well screwed together, but early GT-spec cars’ leather driver’s seat side bolsters can wear badly.
BODY

Poor jacking points mean some cars may have damaged sills.

Also worth knowing...

There have been three recalls. The first was for 2010 cars to address front brake hose wear. The second, from the same period, dealt with possible leaky fuel return pipes on diesels. The third addressed fuel leaking from the fuel heater on 2012-2014 diesels.
Used Peugeot RCZ prices: How much to spend...

£5000-£7999

<>Lots of 2010/11 1.6s and 2.0 HDis, around 50k miles, most with FSH.

£8000-£10,995

Low-mileage 2010/11 cars, plus 2012 and 2013 cars with reasonable mileage.

£11,000–£13,995

Fill your boots with low to mid-mileage 2013/14 cars of all types and specs.

£14,000-£16,995

Late 15-plate cars; the last 16-platers nudging £17,000 for a 154bhp 1.6 GT.

£18,000-£20,500

The last RCZ Rs – if you can find one

John Evans

Our Verdict
Peugeot RCZ 2010-2015
Peugeot RCZ

The RCZ is a classy, interesting, fun coupé that shows Peugeot has got its mojo back...

Full review - https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used ... eugeot-rcz

All the best .... :beer: