What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi,Im Chere another newbie here, 11 yrs owner since new.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
They could be aftermarket but I haven’t heard of any aftermarket xenon’s if one needed replacement if they’ve used aftermarket ones then they would have had to change the other so they matched obviously they must be substandard if you can tell a vast difference.

VictorCarneiro

Reaction score
FD769A8D-E39D-4577-B0A0-0793C945A9AE.jpeg

Attachments

• 8312D29F-F1D4-4762-A597-B826A6C4628E.jpeg
    8312D29F-F1D4-4762-A597-B826A6C4628E.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 17
  • F2C1AA0F-8A03-474A-A0DE-CA1708A2C508.jpeg
    F2C1AA0F-8A03-474A-A0DE-CA1708A2C508.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 4ABADF73-1F17-4CD5-B2FC-279C2A38011A.jpeg
    4ABADF73-1F17-4CD5-B2FC-279C2A38011A.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 47CD422C-4BFA-4DDB-9700-CCAAEE8D439E.jpeg
    47CD422C-4BFA-4DDB-9700-CCAAEE8D439E.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 17

VictorCarneiro

Reaction score
Hello fellow RCZ owners;

I decided after 10 years to give my halogen headlights a little upgrade.

as I saw a few threads regarding LED/HID upgrades, I’ll share here what I had to go through to make this possible.

Please bear in mind that I don’t currently live in EU (although I’m Portuguese) but in Dubai.
Having said that, this type of modification is allowed here but it might not be allowed in some countries in the EU.

The headlights I bought from AliExpress.

Just type RCZ Headlights and you’ll find them. The store name was VCT lighting store.

Pros:

1.The headlight kit is actually a brand new AL OEM (Automotive lighting) headlight that was opened and retrofitted with a Projector lens and a DRL light bar.

2. All the standard lights work as it should, no canbus error of any kind.

3. The shop gives you the option to choose the headlight shroud color (black or chrome) and if the car is LHD or RHD as to adjust the bean pattern.

4. For the dipped beam lights (projector) you can ask the owner via the chat which light color temp it will come fitted with (4000,5000, mine 6000 or even 8000K).

Alright now the cons:

1. In this shop I wasn’t given the option for a LED bulb, so it came with an HID and ballasts.
Other shops they give you the option to choose between hid or led for the dipped beam however they don’t give you the option to choose between LHD or RHD.

2. Although the shop said that the fitment was “plug and play” it wasn’t. The connectors for the DRLs/signals have to be connected separately to the “top” wiring loom in order for them to work.

3. If you inspect the light really close you can see that at the end of the DRL bar theres a little black and red wire that just goes through a hole drilled into the chrome of the headlight, just at the end of the bar. It doesn’t bother me at all but still…

So there you have it. Now I need to see if they will last long enough. At least most of the lights are replaceable (minus the light bar and the Angel eye on the dipped beam) so that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll update here if they give me trouble…

I hope that this little review helped, I’m sorry I can’t share installation instructions as I’m not an electrical technician.
I took the lights to Peugeot service center and they installed them for me.

Take care everyone.

Flanners

Reaction score
From a previous thread on here Xenon were a £1700 upgrade in 2011.....!

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
the led bar seems that isn't going all the way up the headlight
is this true?
because in ali pictures seems different
also the turn lights do they light dynamicly like audi's?
i am thinking of buying them too they look beautifull
how much did they cost you?

VictorCarneiro

Reaction score
the led bar seems that isn't going all the way up the headlight
is this true?
because in ali pictures seems different
also the turn lights do they light dynamicly like audi's?
i am thinking of buying them too they look beautifull
how much did they cost you?
The led bars end just below the turn signal light housing. Definitely not all the way up.

They are constantly lit in white, acting as a DRL, but they turn to amber when signaling. Then when the turn signal is switched off they go back to white again.

The “angel eye” on the dipped beam remains white regardless if you’re using the turn signals or not.

They costed me around 700USD with shipping and all.