What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi,Im Chere another newbie here, 11 yrs owner since new.

chere157

Reaction score
I would like to discuss with you here about the RCZ 2011 (or any model) xenon headlights and those models with or without, including which models did or did not have the
Xenon.

My car is a 2011 white with black roof manual 6 speed with the Monaco Pack which may include the xenon, 19" rims and perhaps other features? I purchased it new and have had it 11 years and it still has only travelled 65,000km. So I think I know my car (within reason.). I have had it back now for 2 weeks and its been bugging me about the lights assembly being different. Sure enough I had an earlier photo and took one today and discovered that all the front end lights had been changed.

I had in August a small accident and the headlight and front left guard and wheel damaged. Not major, but the issue I need to clarify is that the structure of the replaced lights is different. The repairer may have ripped me off. There was NO damage to the front l right side of my vehicle yet all the lights on that side including spotlights were changed and therefore I am convinced because the lights are no longer as strong as they used to be and not like aircraft landing lights like the xenon?. I looked more closely and read page 171 of the manual about the globes specified, but could only determine that the gold bulb on the right undamaged side is not the globe for my car which should be a "silver" with numbers. I am very concerned and about to call my insurance company after the Xmas break.

I would really appreciate someone who is knowledgeable to scan the photos here in the post and who could identify or explain or guide me towards whether I actually have been ripped off by the repairer. what models came with xenon in what years...?

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
It should say Xenon inside the head light if it doesn't then not Xenon but you have the washer for the Xenon head lights.. If it has Xenon in the lights then it could be down to the bulb that has gone and needs replacing... Hope this helps you out...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

chere157

Reaction score
It should say Xenon inside the head light if it doesn't then not Xenon but you have the washer for the Xenon head lights.. If it has Xenon in the lights then it could be down to the bulb that has gone and needs replacing... Hope this helps you out...
Les n Co
Thank you ! I will look at the bulbs.. happy new year cruising!

chere157

Reaction score
Yes its the same xenon headlight
Can you describe how you identified xenon as compared to halogen? These are brand new headlights and fitted only 3 weeks ago . They should be very bright. They are not. I need to know how to identify to go back to installer and state my concerns. I don't know which light is the xenon, which is why I am asking. Any further help would be very appreciated.

chere157

Reaction score
Hi yes, but I can't get into the headlight unless it can be seen from outside.
I also am not sure which canister fitting IS the xenon.
I have managed to track down the supplier of the left headlight and speak to him.

He gave me the serial number for the headlight but I don't think the it was the actual xenon globe serial number but the full assembly at $2,860AUD

It was 1622681680 left side and
Fog was 6208FO
Ballast for electrical feed for XENON????

( he also said he may have made error on which ballast he ordered......? In convo. As lights are NOT super bright as per normal.....) because I mentioned they were quite dull.
It's weird as he says that there was no order for the right headlight, or the fittings underneath the canisters or right hand undamaged side of the original accident. Nor was I contacts about it... I would have said don't touch!

The entire front exterior casings and the silver floor of the the inside part if casings of lights have all been replaced with a different design interior floor without my knowledge or permission and I can't find the new design fitted's model they were released in (or if they are even genuine).

Any help from your extensive knowledge with this story would be super appreciated. Cheers and happy new year to you and yours from Australia.....

Last edited:

chere157

Reaction score
Les n Co
I don't know which light out of 4 to look at or what I'm looking for... it's hard when your car is repaired and everything isn't working right and I have to try and figure it out. I've never in 11 year had a big issue with my car 🐨☺️

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some photos from my RCZ silver without Xenon and the wife's RCZ white with Xerox both MK2 but sure they are marked inside the mk1 DSC_0156.JPGDSC_0155.JPGDSC_0153.JPGDSC_0152.JPGany help to you...
Les n Karen n Co

chere157

Reaction score
Thanks heaps Les
It does help to see that your wife's pearl white xenon photos are almost identical to my car. I also have a problem with the lights being nowhere near as bright as a xenon since I got it back 2 weeks ago.
Also can you identify whether the silver plate inside my new light assembly floor plate is genuine? Something fishy was done by the repairer as you may have read in the feed

I actually need to try and identify the bulbs D1S-35W is a xenon.... Additional main beam is H1 -55W
Daytime running lamps are P21 5W
Fog is H8-35W out of my Manual.
Is it easy to read this? How do I identify a XENON Actual bulb? As opposed to a Halogen? Can the xenon canister assembly actually take a halogen? Likely not
I was told that they each have a different power source with different fitting into the rear of the lights due to voltage requirements.
Any info you may know about it would be a great help.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick thought you say that you have had a little repair by the garage just wondering if they disconnected the self leveling unit and not plugged it back in so that the lights aren't pointing in the correct direction

chere157

Reaction score
Just a quick thought you say that you have had a little repair by the garage just wondering if they disconnected the self leveling unit and not plugged it back in so that the lights aren't pointing in the correct direction
Yes, when driving the first night I noticed that the lights didn't also seem to be the correct direction as I was checking the cornering movement of them. I actually complained to my husband about how dull they were too.

About the self leveller, I wonder where it sits CAN I OPERATE IT MYSELF FROM INSIDE CAR? Is that in the manual-?

The accident hit the front left wheel and took most of the impact, I wonder if possible it could have been damaged and not replaced?

Would you say to the mechanic in order to check for that ... Ask to CHECK
if the self levelling movement is plugged in and WORKING??

what I thought I need to ask:

can you please check that the self levelling component is working and operational?
Can you please check existence & function of XENON globes as not bright at all.

Run diagnostics and check appropriate power sources VOLTAGES erred and correct globes for entire lighting system and correct power components feed to Xenon and check that lighting is fully operational with correct globes per manual.

Include check of battery suitability for Xenon and entire vehicle(recently changed by dealer)

would you have any additional instructions?

thanks Les any further info would be a great help.

My local dealer where car purchased won't fix.... they now only service and fit new components as they told us car too, old late last year. It's a big part of my problem. getting it right again. No dealer support, only parts order.🫣

Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
You definitely have xenon lights in there you can’t put a halogen bulb in a xenon unit you should be able to tell if your self levelling is working by parking up close to a garage door or similar in the dark and put your headlights on you should see the light beam lift and level also when driving when turning the lights should turn left and right if not they’re faulty.the only way the reflector could be different is if they have used headlights from a different model possibly a 308 but I doubt it.
These xenon headlight units are an absolute fortune new so there definitely could have been some penny pinching somewhere.

chere157

Reaction score
I did the park against a wall and the left is way high and the right is middle . However, they did not self level . They move left and right and also they are very dull and yellow ish in colour... not xenon bright white at all.

if you saw my photos with the "2011" and 'Now' (above at the beginning of this thread) written on each you will see that the floor of the headlight unit is totally design different to my original and also you should know that the right side lights and fog was completely changed along with the left and there was only lights and guard panel damage on the left... then why was the full set replaced with different design...

my question more importantly is that I need to identify what model these new ones came from as I want my originals put back for the right side as it was not damaged. Also why they no longer work as xenon

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
the xenon headligths have a bulb that halogen don't, they have mirrors

there are only two types of headlights for the mk1, the halogen and the xenon so your headlights are the same
the right one must be lower than the left (for a rhd)
So there is no problem with your headlights
if the light isn't as bright as it should you must check the lamps or the ballasts
the colour is from the lamps the brightness is from the ballasts

Bart

Reaction score
The lens in the headlight unit would indicate that it's a Xenon unit but could it be an aftermarket unit? To be honest I don't see any difference between the two pictures but the 2011 photo isn't that clear.

Does the projector have the "Xenon" logo on the side like in the picture provided by Verminator?

Marmite

Reaction score
Talking of headlights iv had a xenon on order for 6 months iv been told there made in Russia so there’s a ban on imports , or am I being told porkys