What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi from potential owner.

Richk

Reaction score
Hi all, always admired the design and style of the RCZ, must admit I've never owned a Peugeot and realise from reading a lot on this forum what to look out for. When things ease restrictions wise will hopefully get out and view a few preferable a petrol 200bhp in metallic red would tick a few boxes but it does look a stunner in any colour. Will only be a second/weekend car so fancy something different, currently have a special edition slightly modified MX5 which we love to bits but just fancy a change. Rich.

Dingers

Reaction score
Hi Rich, I was in a similar position to yourself just a few months ago. The difference being I only have one car, lol. The 200 does appear to have a better reputation in general than the 156, but I think the history is just as important. Morrocan Red is a great colour & the one I wanted. It just gives the shape another layer of class in my opinion 😎

Richk

Reaction score
Red petrols are very few around, falling in love with a red Carbon but looks mega rare. Never say never to a 156hp but like my MX5 they do a 1.8 and 2.0 and just wonder if I would regret it but will see. Only red petrol I can find is on a 64 plate with low miles, a 156 but too far to view at the moment.

Dingers

Reaction score
I came from a Suzuki Swift Sport which has very similar performance to the 200 GT model. So when I tested a 156 it felt pretty weak to be honest. But it's all relative to what you're used to & what you actually want. You might find that red 156 is spot-on. Do you know anyone that lives closer to it & could have a look for you ?

turboguy

Reaction score
Welcome,
I have literally always owned Peugeots for the last 30 odd years, but have owned other brands as well. Not since the 80's (205,306) have I wanted another Peugeot until the RCZ came out.
Couple of points with peugeots, just make sure you can find a comfortable driving position and the offset peddles as I know a lot of people have complained about it .
For me its been fine as I have gotten used to these over the years.
Power wise is down to personal preference but try them all and see what you think. For me I needed max power having owned highly modified cars in the past with much bigger engines and running nitrous on them, hence only a R will do for me.. as I do like to take the car on a track occasionally.

wilsofar

Reaction score
I’ve only had Peugeot seat position problems on two 607s I ran as Private Hire (taxi)vehicles and I never found a satisfactory position (mind you I did 500000 between the both so can’t have been so bad!405,406,406 coupe,2008 all have been fine but I must admit that the Z (cloth seats) are by far the most comfortable (I’m just over 6’).

Richk

Reaction score
Found a red 200 only about 30 miles or so from me, private sale but bit warey as even though had new timing chain and fuel pump also had valve work. Also a black 156 but Mot shows damaged strut turret so steer clear of that one.
Seems like I need to be looking for ones with timing chains and preferably coil packs changed which seem to be the major failures.

Last edited:

Richk

Reaction score
Going to having a second look at a 64 plate GT Hdi, 71000 miles three owners. Peugeot garage, 12 months warranty, two years free servicing. Looked immaculate with refurbed black wheels but it was torrential rain on my first look at it. Does this sound reasonable at £8995 firm ?
Closest I can find to a Red Carbon. Seen others but set my heart on red.

Attachments

• 20220213_110917.jpg
    20220213_110917.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4