What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi from New RCZ owner!

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

I have a confession - I went shopping for an Audi TT. Looked at many and they were SO dull inside. My good fortune, a MINI dealer had an RCZ in their back lot. Bought it in 3 minutes and love it. TT might be better specs engine wise, but my little KRU (end of number plate!) is smashing inside and out.

Tell me, does anyone else get "hairdresser car" comments, lol? Typically this is from A-class Merc owners (leasers!) and I think it's jealousy because there's thousands of them on the road :) Not that I've got anything against hairdressers - but I'm a 30-odd yr old bloke! ;)

2retro

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the club! :dance:

Feel free to show us some pics of your pride and joy.

I used to get this guy at work saying mine was a hairdressers car and I just told him how I would lay awake a night wishing I'd bought a bog standard Ford Focus like his instead... He didn't say much after that! ;) :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, two years ago I too went shopping for a TT but also found them bland inside, I had previously sat in a RCZ in a dealership but didn't think I could afford one. Then I looked at secondhand prices and couldn't believe how much more of a car you got with the RCZ than the TT! No brainer!! :brickwall:
I have had the hair dresser coment but envy is a strange thing! :mrgreen:

Only the other day I went to fuel up my Z the cashier commented "hey that's a Peugeot isn't it? Nice car mate! Then as I walked across the fourcourt a coupe on a motorcycle came over and commented at how georgeous my car was! :D
You don't get that with a TT!!! :beer:
And still after 2 years of ownership I still do that extra look back at my Z as I'm sure you will! :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So it's now the third year I've owned my Z, and only this week I had all the bin men at the end of my drive asking loads of questions about it. I also had (last week) the passenger in the car behind me doing the double bubble shape in the air talking to the driver, I can guarantee non of the above mentioned would look twice at a passing TT. :eusa-think:

As for hairdressers, they probably wouldn't be able to handle a Z anyway :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the community, not had the hairdresser comment personally but have had someone in the office say how much better looking it is than the TT with the guy in the office who owns a TT stood directly behind him didn't go well :D

Had mine 18 months now and as previously stated by another member I still look back at it and also lose time whilst passing the windows facing the drive.

Cheers
Nick

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. :greetings-wavingblue: