What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi From Lincolnshire

Carole

Reaction score
Hi everyone new year new forum :)

I have always been a fan of Peugeot cars ever since I had my first one many years ago, a diesel 406 (you could not break if you tried)
I currently have an MG-TF which I love to bit's but it's not so practical in the winter even though it is as warm as toast inside so I have been looking for another car for the longer journeys and something that will pack a good amount in the boot.
I have had enough of conventional cars though and find them well frankly really boring, I have seen a few RCZ's over the years and they have always looked kind of special so I have decided to get me one as they look so cool and they have that driver appeal so if any of you out there spot a nice one with low mileage and a low price ;) please do let me know.

Thank you for having me and I'm looking forward to learning more about the car and making some new friends.

BTW this is my current little pocket rocket IMG_20210612_202947b.jpg

Pedro

Reaction score
Hello Carole allow me to wish you a belated Happy new year & warm welcome to the family lets hope your wish becomes reality I bought a almost pristine 200GT & have never looked back except when opening the throttle 😀 thus without doubt the Z is possibly one of the most iconic eye openers anywhere on the roads today
if you check the R wanted post (page 9) there is a white RCZ for sale in immaculate condition its up for £10k

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum good choice of car is the RCZs it's down to finding the right one for you at the right price... The petrol models are 156bhp ,200bhp ,and RCZ R 270bhp..all 1.6THP engine and 2ltr Hdi 163.-165 bhp is a good bullet proof engine and very reliable happy hunting...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Carole

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum good choice of car is the RCZs it's down to finding the right one for you at the right price... The petrol models are 156bhp ,200bhp ,and RCZ R 270bhp..all 1.6THP engine and 2ltr Hdi 163.-165 bhp is a good bullet proof engine and very reliable happy hunting...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Thank you Les the Peugeot diesel has always been bomb proof but I think the petrol will be the best way to go. As for BHP I'm a bit long in the tooth for high power (My current little pocket rocket is a 1.6 and only 114 bhp but great fun on winding road and long swooping bends) and that is all I could ask for these days.

Dingers

Reaction score
Welcome Carole, plenty of cheaper RCZs around now but just be careful you get a looked-after example. Ideally you want a full service history with a long MOT. If petrol then look at the bills for replaced fuel pumps, camchain tensioners, etc - all of which could save you money. The jack-up points are weak & are often damaged, so worth a check. Tyres are not cheap if you want decent ones because of the size - 235/45/18 or even 19s.
If it's had a lot of owners with huge mileage, then walk away ...

Ricardo_Z

Reaction score
Welcome Carole! RCZ is a great car and my diesel hasn't missed a beat or had a fault in my 2+ years of ownership. This beautiful Coupe has always punched above it's weight in the way it looks compared to what it costs and is becoming a rare site on the road these days. Used prices for good cars have been rising steadily, but definitely worth paying a premium to get the right car. If you are into long-term RCZ ownership you definitely have a future classic on your hands. Good luck with your search!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, there are plenty on the secondhand market have a good look at as many as you can and like with most cars condition and history are the key. Don’t rush it wait for the right car.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.👍

Pedro

Reaction score
If your still searching a Lady member GKerry is thinking of selling hers if your interested

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't thinks she owns a chippie or a trawler but who would after Brexit! 😁

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
There's been a low mileage black RCZR 17k miles on Ebay the last 10 days. FPSH and I think two owners. The first owner was a woman but now I think a trader has got hold of it and is trying to flog it for £17k. The listing has now ended so presumably it sold.