What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi from another RCZ convert

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone.

I took delivery of a RCZ THP GT in dolphin blue with the bluey grey leather last Friday. I haven't driven it yet, its still in the same position where the dealer left it!

Its an ex-demo and I've a couple of issues with the condition of the paintwork etc :shock: Hopefully they will be resolved without too much fuss but I may be asking you guys for help and advice if not. I didn't purchase from my local dealer as I've vowed to never buy from them again after a previous nightmare experience. I go in to look at cars in the flesh but buy elsewhere.

I loved the car when I first saw a picture of it a few months ago. When it arrived at a local dealership and was displayed outside, I wasn't so keen. With the end of the PCP on my 207cc THP looming, I started looking at other cars. After much pressure from my local dealer, I eventually went along to have a proper look at the RCZ and that was it, I was smitten when I looked inside. I had been considering an Audi TT or second hand Porsche Boxster and looked at all 3 on the same day but couldn't stop thinking about the RCZ.

I've signed my life away for the next 4 years to pay for it but deep down I'm really a convertible girl - reckon I could well be first in line for the soft top or targa version :) .

A

Anonymous

Welcome,I am normally a convertible girl but could not resist call of the rcz .Mine is Amber red GT 156 and I love it just waiting for
my plate to transfer and since I picked her up Friday it has done nothing but rain.

A

Anonymous

Hi gemini and :text-welcomewave: to the forum. Good to see another lady member, we have to show solidarity :thumbup:. I love to see convertibles in the good weather but once, many years ago, had a cc Astra and had to drive with a bin liner over my knee and onto the driver's seat when I left it. I persevered for about 5 years but it did put me off convertibles. Can't afford rising damp at my age :crazy:. Glad you decided in favour of the RCZ but too bad you're having a problem with the finish. Have you read the threads on supaguard and guard x? Is this the problem? Hope this gets resolved satisfactorily so that you can get to enjoy your new baby. :dance:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome.

The rain was why I couldn't check her over when delivered. Yesterday morning the sun was out and the paintwork looked as though it had been through several bad automatic car washes with swirls all over plus 3 rubber looking marks on a rear panel. One of the marks turned out to be a dent in the shape of a vertical crease.

It's taken the shine (literally) off getting her but dealer aware and says will sort it out. Dealer also says dent couldn't have happened at dealership but as its not moved since I've had it and nothing has been parked next to it, it didn't happen at my end.

I was in the garden yesterday and some lads walked by. They couldn't see me but I heard them say "that's lush". I don't think they were talking about my 52 plate 4x4 work horse :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Gemini and nice to see another fellow female member :greetings-wavingblue:

Sorry to hear of your problem with the paintwork. I hope you get that sorted out very quickly. It does amaze me that some dealerships hand over cars in such a state. They surely must see that the finish isn't as good as it should be. :evil:

Once its sorted I hope you will be able to enjoy it for the beauty that it is :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
gemini said:
Thanks for the welcome.

The rain was why I couldn't check her over when delivered. Yesterday morning the sun was out and the paintwork looked as though it had been through several bad automatic car washes with swirls all over plus 3 rubber looking marks on a rear panel. One of the marks turned out to be a dent in the shape of a vertical crease.

It's taken the shine (literally) off getting her but dealer aware and says will sort it out. Dealer also says dent couldn't have happened at dealership but as its not moved since I've had it and nothing has been parked next to it, it didn't happen at my end.

I was in the garden yesterday and some lads walked by. They couldn't see me but I heard them say "that's lush". I don't think they were talking about my 52 plate 4x4 work horse :D
Welcome Gemini.

It's becoming a bit of a common theme I'm afraid, swirls can / are a big problem, I had them on mine, spent a day with a trusty polisher and it was soon sorted, then gave it a good waxing. Might be a suggestion to get it detailed by a professional outfit and get the garage to pay for it, as for the dent - well that's always going to be a point of discussion but stand your ground especially if the car's not moved.

You will get loads of comments when people see the car - I've had that many head spins, photo shoots, overtakes, slowdowns - it just gets better and more worth while. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck.

Rob.