What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi folks

Shaun3565

Reaction score
Looking to buy an rcz for my partner
Any tips what too look out for and commen problems etc

Which is better diesel or petrol

And issues if any with either

Thank u

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, you can search the forum for the common issues, diesel is definitely more reliable than the petrol but service history and condition is top of the list one very common issue is jacking points that are made of cheese and fold flat at the sight of a large trolley jack!
They can be expensive to repair and can damage the sills worth checking and they’re awkward to see take a small mirror saves getting on hands and knees!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there here's a few photos of the RCZs that I looked at on my search for my wife's car with the jacking points damaged and the last two of what they should look like, hopefully this will help you in your quest to find your RCZ
Cheers Les n Co _20191207_183529.JPG_20191207_183421.JPG_20191207_183601.JPG_20191207_183656.JPG_20191207_183630.JPG

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hi, welcome 👋 good luck in your search, just remember that every RCZ is a fantastic looking thing, even the ones with a few issues, so don’t be persuaded to buy the first one you see, as they will all have massive kerb appeal.

As for the jacking points, once you have your beautiful Z, avoid them like a cop with a speedgun !! They bend easier than a ballet dancer on valium 🤔😫

tm2204

Reaction score
Hi, welcome 👋 good luck in your search, just remember that every RCZ is a fantastic looking thing, even the ones with a few issues, so don’t be persuaded to buy the first one you see, as they will all have massive kerb appeal.

As for the jacking points, once you have your beautiful Z, avoid them like a cop with a speedgun !! They bend easier than a ballet dancer on valium 🤔😫

Hello, new owner here 😊

Can you use a rubber trolley jack adapter on the jacking points or should they be avoided altogether? In which case at what points of he car should it be jacked up using a trolley jack 👍

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You can use the adapter but I would still go for the cross members instead of the jacking points. They really aren’t suited for purpose.

tm2204

Reaction score
You can use the adapter but I would still go for the cross members instead of the jacking points. They really aren’t suited for purpose.

Sorry this is probably a silly question but I have always used jacking points to jack up my car...

When jacking up either the front or rear using a cross member can/do you jack the car up in the middle from the front/rear (as opposed to the side beside the wheel) so that either both front or both rear wheels are up in the air together?

Do you use a flat piece of wood between the cross member and the jack saddle?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have always used the side, just behind the front wheel or in front of the rear wheel. It is tight, but I have a low profile trolley jack. You can also drive the car onto a block so there is easier clearance. I do use a flat piece of wood also to protect the metal.

The suspension on the Z is such that if you so desire you can lift both wheels on the same side, but I’m not too sure how advisable that is.

tm2204

Reaction score
I have always used the side, just behind the front wheel or in front of the rear wheel. It is tight, but I have a low profile trolley jack. You can also drive the car onto a block so there is easier clearance. I do use a flat piece of wood also to protect the metal.

The suspension on the Z is such that if you so desire you can lift both wheels on the same side, but I’m not too sure how advisable that is.

I'll take your guidance on this and do likewise 👍 Need to get myself a low profile trolley jack... my current pair are standard and they only barely fit under my 406 Coupe so I recon I've no chance with the RCZ 😂