What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hi All

LeeS69

Reaction score
Well that's a bit gutting, half hour writing a long intro post and forum wouldn't accept image and binned it all!

Sadface//////

So, short version

Needed new car for the missus, she won't have a 'eurobox', I've always liked the look of the RCZ and I already have a 508sw

Love it great car

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Lee and welcome that is one smart looking Z! :thumbup: the Dolphin blue is one of The rarer colours :beer:

LeeS69

Reaction score
Thanks

It's got a couple of minor things, needs a coolant level sensor, supermarket dint in the drivers door but hopefully getting a service next week and dent man can have a go at it, don't think I'll get it painted though.

Wheels have a bit of kerb peel on them, but it's not enough to get done and will likely get clipped again as it's the missuses daily driver.

Needs a good t-cut and wax, and sadly the previous owner has had her dog in it so spent ages getting the dog hair out (back seats out, seriously contemplated taking the fronts out too!!), still working on the smell a bit (not that bad), luckily no damage at all to the interior.

Very impressed though and bought at a price that allows for the above issues. 30k with HID's, just lacking the sat nav but not really bothered about that.

I think she'll be using my car sometimes now if I need to go for meetings anywhere!

Nemi

Reaction score
I have changed 3 coolant level sensors already :s now I just leave it disconnected and check coolant level manually every month

Woodso

Reaction score
I can't see any photo's, they all appear as grey boxes. Any ideas?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Welcome!

I see one picture of your RCZ. That's it

LeeS69

Reaction score
Might just try an ebay special sensor then? After the untimely death of the MX5 I'm super conscious about checking levels!!

Not had the time or weather to get more photos yet, it's dark at 7pm now!! I will once it gets a proper run out on a weekend!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
LeeS69

That's a very nice looking Z you have there and funny enough the one I had had the sensor problem and like Nemi after paying £350 ( I know yes ) I just unplugged it and all my troubles boiled away !!

Show us some more pics when you've cleaned her up a bit, then you can show us the car !!!

Eh it's only a joke come on comedy's not dead yet, PC brigade go knit some yoghurts ( Yoghurt is a variant spelling of yogurt that is common in British English. It can be used in all the same contexts as its American counterpart yogurt. )

I think I'm going slightly mad - Queen !!

Cheers M. :beer:

tianorth

Reaction score
Can someone post some pictures of the sensor they have unplugged.

Might help someone else with the same problem.

Doing the daily/weekly/monthly checks are still required and relying on sensors is not a good idea, they are there to help, not replace!

Wondering if making a new post called something like RCZ Sensor problems and fixes, and listing the problem (with any error codes) with pictures (of screen errors and sensors) and what was done to overcome the problem, what do you think?

Unfortunately I can't add to this post as I have not had any issues with sensors.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Can someone post some pictures of the sensor they have unplugged.

Might help someone else with the same problem.

Doing the daily/weekly/monthly checks are still required and relying on sensors is not a good idea, they are there to help, not replace!

Wondering if making a new post called something like RCZ Sensor problems and fixes, and listing the problem (with any error codes) with pictures (of screen errors and sensors) and what was done to overcome the problem, what do you think?

Unfortunately I can't add to this post as I have not had any issues with sensors.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A. that is a cracking idea.
B. The problem with the Z from what I have learned is as the Pug Garage do, many on here replace sensors this and sensors that until the problem goes away, sometimes replacing perfectly good parts, because the fault code is a bit like Windows OS that has generic fault codes BSOD that are only mildly associated with the real issue.
C. Chris - you don't want any either !

BEADY

Reaction score
I have had trouble with coolant level sensor too
By chance got speaking to a tech guy from the Ipswich Peugeot franchise and he said they just unplug them !

Mind can anyone advise please re. new MOT criteria? Seems engine problem lights etc will be an automatic failure. Will coolant level message come under that category too do you think ? Thanks in advance

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's a good question Beady one I don't know the answer, but I am sure I had mine MOT'd with he sensor unplugged, I don't think they looked for it.

BEADY

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
That's a good question Beady one I don't know the answer, but I am sure I had mine MOT'd with he sensor unplugged, I don't think they looked for it.
Turned out ok my friend It didn't cause a failure It still comes on intermittentlyThanks