What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

hens' teeth

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Just thought I would share with you a rare event.
Leaving Madrid last Sunday morning and heading homeward, we pass through a town called Collado Villalba just before joining the A6 Autovia.
Coming round a roundabout towards us as we waited at it, was another RCZ; black like ours.
A quick wave to all by all and the moment passed.
Now, you lot in the UK say, so what.
It is only the second RCZ I have seen in Spain EVER.
The last occasion was many years ago and was a "what is that?" encounter as it passed through our village.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Nice to see another Z. There are 4 on my estate alone, two black Mk1’s a white Mk2 & of course, mine.

We seem to be in a bit of an RCZ hotspot round here, often seeing several others while out & about.

wilsofar

Reaction score
I'm sorry to report that there is never a day when a Z doesn't pop up (we tend to do mostly local trips) so I'm a little bit disappointed at the lack of exclusivity.

My main reason for choosing a Z.

My Cliosport 197,Smart Roadster Coupe,Daihatsu Sirion Rally11,Volvo 480 GT, were all quite exclusive (once or twice a year ,not once or twice a week!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
In 5 years of ownership I’ve only ever seen one Launch Edition model like mine in the UK and that came from Belgium!

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
It's all relative, innit?
We holiday all over the place and when down South, we just had to (didn't she?) visit Puerto Banus near Marbs.
There were so many of those red things (also in other hues) from Maranello that they were incredibly common and even too many Rollers. :roll:
My RCZ would have turned more heads than the gloaters drooling over the bling on wheels. :clap:

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
I'm in northern Spain (Asturias) and they are a bit rocking horse poop in these parts. I've seen two others in the six months I've lived here - one was on the Autovia so could've been passing through, the other one is a repeat visitor (seen it 2/3 times) on the road through the local town so could be from around here. I'm thinking mine's the only RHD one locally though (!) and maybe the only Moroccan red.
I had to do the slow walk back to the car yesterday when some guy was checking out my RCZ in the car park... Fill yer boots son! :cool: :lol:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCW-almost perfect said:
I'm in northern Spain (Asturias) and they are a bit rocking horse poop in these parts. I've seen two others in the six months I've lived here - one was on the Autovia so could've been passing through, the other one is a repeat visitor (seen it 2/3 times) on the road through the local town so could be from around here. I'm thinking mine's the only RHD one locally though (!) and maybe the only Moroccan red.
I had to do the slow walk back to the car yesterday when some guy was checking out my RCZ in the car park... Fill yer boots son! :cool: :lol:
Asturias ... been up that way a couple of times and the Picos are awesome.
Stayed at Santona, near Santander in Cantabria just next to Asturias and enjoyed that.
We are in the shadow of the Gredos in Northern Caceres (Extremadura) and have family North of Madrid below the Guadarrama and in Galicia in the Rias Baixas between Ourense and Vigo.
Our holiday home is in the South West at Rota near Cadiz.
So we get about a bit.
Then, son and family are in Yorkshire.
Small world!
Still only seen (or noticed) two RCZs in fourteen years here in Spain, would you believe!

Flanners

Reaction score
Seen 2 RCZ's since buying mine a month ago. They are not common round here.

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
RCW-almost perfect said:
Stayed at Santona, near Santander in Cantabria just next to Asturias and enjoyed that.
We are in the shadow of the Gredos in Northern Caceres (Extremadura) and have family North of Madrid below the Guadarrama and in Galicia in the Rias Baixas between Ourense and Vigo.
So we get about a bit.
Small world!
Still only seen (or noticed) two RCZs in fourteen years here in Spain, would you believe!

Fair spread! Not travelled around much yet (busy moving in) so have only explored the bit between here and the French border and been as far south as Leon (so not very far south!) - stunning drive but took the van - I shall be repeating it in more salubrious conditions for sure - if only for photo ops with the eagles. Mountains are everything - especially if you lived most of your life in Doncaster (the flat damp bit of Yorkshire equidistant from the Pennines and the Wolds)...

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCW-almost perfect said:
stewartwillsher said:
RCW-almost perfect said:
So we get about a bit.
Small world!

Fair spread! Not travelled around much yet (busy moving in) so have only explored the bit between here and the French border and been as far south as Leon (so not very far south!) - stunning drive but took the van - I shall be repeating it in more salubrious conditions for sure - if only for photo ops with the eagles. Mountains are everything - especially if you lived most of your life in Doncaster (the flat damp bit of Yorkshire equidistant from the Pennines and the Wolds)...
In the UK, we were all our lives in the SE - East London then Essex, so flat as a proverbial.
Son and family are in Snaith which has an uninterrupted view of the Drax power station, and not much else for as far as the eye can see in any direction.
Our views are stunning, with two thousand metre plus peaks a few kms to the North, but in Rota a sea view including an enormous NATO base.
You will be amazed, if not already, at the kms you can cover on the A66 (on cruise control), which goes almost to Oviedo now, and down to Seville.
So no excuse to not visit Andalucia.
A weekend in Seville is a must to get the flavour of Southern Spain.

RCW-almost perfect

Reaction score
Cycled to and through Snaith a few times in my life!

Ooh planning afoot! We've got August off so might have to take a trip south bound! :thumbup:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
RCW-almost perfect said:
Cycled to and through Snaith a few times in my life!

Ooh planning afoot! We've got August off so might have to take a trip south bound! :thumbup:
Tip, from experience - if you choose Seville, get a hotel close to the centre; arrange parking; park up and walk.
It is a wonderful city, EXCEPT, it favours scooters and crazy people, but with care, walking is best.
Oh, and the usual tourist buses are hop off / hop on all day.
Oh yes, every tourist spot in Spain is guaranteed to be full of Chinese tourists; brings the money in but clogs it up a bit; Seville is no different.
Enjoy! :clap:
Been about a bit in Spain, so ask away if anything crosses your mind; lived here fourteen years and visited daughter about ten years before that.
PM to save boring all on forum. :oops:

soundwave5150

Reaction score
Never once seen another RCZ R on the road before or since getting mine. Though there’s apparently a couple nearby

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Down to 3 on the estate now. One of the black ones appears to have been chopped in for a 65 plate Nissan Juke 😱

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I live in York and there is 5
RCZs in half a mile radius of where I live also see a lot of heads turning each day I am driving mine around, and always puts a smile on my face lol

numpty58

Reaction score
two a penny here in the vale of glamorgan. there's the blue/grey one around the corner, the black one on the estate down by the sea and I regularly see a few others in Barry and Penarth. they are not exclusive in these parts.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Down to two on the estate now. Mine & a 65 plate white one. I do still see quite a few out and about in the area though. Not sure why they seem so popular round here in comparison to the rest of the U.K.
The Nissan Juke has been chopped in for a Merc SLC now, very nice actually.

Mikefrank

Reaction score
two a penny here in the vale of glamorgan. there's the blue/grey one around the corner, the black one on the estate down by the sea and I regularly see a few others in Barry and Penarth. they are not exclusive in these parts.
Probably seen 3 at the most down Neath/Swansea way….plus I’ve seen the R model in red around ;)Neath driven by a pretty girl…