What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

help with my ipod please?

A

Anonymous

I can't get the music on my ipod to play. I'm using the usb connector under the air rest. The menus show the only contents of the folders are podcasts and it plays them perfectly but it can't find any music tracks. The handbook seems to refer to aux connectors in the glove box but I wasn't planning on using that. I have the ng4 if that makes a difference? Can anyone offer any help please?

A

Anonymous

Hi, I play my music on my iPhone thru the Bluetooth connection. Works perfectly. Hope that helps.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Which ipod have you got? What generation? It will only play ipod generation 5 and upwards.

Also I think the files have to be mp3 files - just from what I've read elsewhere on the forum.

Sorry I can't help more but haven't got the car to try it out yet

A

Anonymous

Sandra64 said:
Hi, I play my music on my iPhone thru the Bluetooth connection. Works perfectly. Hope that helps.
Thanks but my device is an ipod without Bluetooth not an iPhone.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Which ipod have you got? What generation? It will only play ipod generation 5 and upwards.

Also I think the files have to be mp3 files - just from what I've read elsewhere on the forum.

Sorry I can't help more but haven't got the car to try it out yet
Thanks. My other half has a newer ipod so I'll try that.

A

Anonymous

I've got a 60GB ipod (not sure what generation this is).

I've hooked it up via the USB connection and this works OK (my itunes library was imported as AAC).

One thing I did notice was that the ipod wasn't too happy with bumps in the road, coupled with the firm suspension. I got a bit of skipping - I guess the hard disk in the ipod isn't isolated from vibration that well, so I think I'll stick to using usb memory sticks.

A

Anonymous

My dealer (in The Netherlands) told me, using ipod is only possible with standard radio/cd player, and not possible in combination with the sat nav 3d system due to encryption from itunes files.
Maybe that's the reasing some people have problems running their ipod? Maybe some of the readers can confirm this?
Sorry, I can't tell, I am still waiting for my rcz.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't know if an ipod won't work with the Sat Nav system - seems a bit strange to have the USB there if it won't !

I don't have Sat Nav and my ipod works fine, with full listings of playlists, etc, etc.

A

Anonymous

do not get the new ipod touch IT will not work because of the software it will not play in peugeot rcz . i got that from the dealer today