What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help! Water leaking into the glovebox

A

Anonymous

Hey!

As you have read I have water leaking into the glovebox ( i suspect it may be something to so with the air con) has anyone else had this problem ? :( x

A

Anonymous

I've not experienced this, nor have I heard of anyone else who has.

That said, I rarely go into my glovebox anyway, so unless it was leaking outside I probably wouldn't notice.

I'd recommend taking it to your dealer asap as water in the fusebox (the thing that reduces the glovebox space by about half) could cause you some issues.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I thought it maybe condensation and skill think it maybe - there is just a lot of it, that's worrying me. I have fell out with the dealiship I brought it from(Randles Peugeot Stoke on Trent) (I brought it 2 months ago!) as they have not check it and have now informed me that my seat bracket is broke! They are refusing to repair it as I have advised I do not what the car back until it is fixed ( as it is under warranty and I do a lot of motorway mileage I didn't think that was too unreasonable !). I don't know what is happening now - I'm waiting for a call from the dealership principle - this is not acceptable - I want to be in my rcz! Not a 208!! :-( :cry:

A

Anonymous

Another thing - I don't no if I have it wrong - but I was sure the fuse box on an rcz was in the glovebox - the dealiship have just told me I have it wrong and it is in the engin ???.... I maybe being thick ... But where is it?...

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Laurengrace1990 said:
Another thing - I don't no if I have it wrong - but I was sure the fuse box on an rcz was in the glovebox - the dealiship have just told me I have it wrong and it is in the engin ???.... I maybe being thick ... But where is it?...

There are two fuse boxes, one in the glovebox and one in the engine bay :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
If your car is left hand drive it's under the steering wheel tho.

renegade79

Reaction score
Stick to your guns and don't let the dealer away with that crap!! That seat bracket thing should be fixed under warranty in my opinion!!

A

Anonymous

During a visit some weeks ago to my local dealer I got talking to a service guy there who mentioned that there had been a few Z's in with water leaks behind the dash.
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing ?

Apparently the problem is the wiring loom (s) on newer models that enters from the engine bay has been changed or routed differently to what it is like on earlier models, and is causing leaks into the glove box/ fuse box area and behind the dash on some newer Z's :eusa-think:

Apparently it was also affecting newer 308's, but again not the earlier models. Probably because the Z and 308 must use the same wiring loom and route. :eusa-think:

If I recall the fix is to replace all the affected looms and fuse box, but more importantly the whole wiring loom has to be re-routed as per earlier models, "a pig of a job" was the term used by the service guy.

I cannot remember the exact details about this issue, but I did mention it on here in a thread some time back.

I'm also not sure if this is only affecting the very newest models, ie 2013, or if it is starting on later year models up to 2013, but from what I could gather out of the conversation is that they have seen a couple of 2013 models with this issue and slightly older models, he said it is a newly flagged problem that no early models have yet to experience, hence re-routing the loom back to it's original route as per early models.

This is not necessarily the same issue you have, but it may be worth looking into.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
During a visit some weeks ago to my local dealer I got talking to a service guy there who mentioned that there had been a few Z's in with water leaks behind the dash.
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing ?

Apparently the problem is the wiring loom (s) on newer models that enters from the engine bay has been changed or routed differently to what it is like on earlier models, and is causing leaks into the glove box/ fuse box area and behind the dash on some newer Z's :eusa-think:

Apparently it was also affecting newer 308's, but again not the earlier models. Probably because the Z and 308 must use the same wiring loom and route. :eusa-think:

If I recall the fix is to replace all the affected looms and fuse box, but more importantly the whole wiring loom has to be re-routed as per earlier models, "a pig of a job" was the term used by the service guy.

I cannot remember the exact details about this issue, but I did mention it on here in a thread some time back.

I'm also not sure if this is only affecting the very newest models, ie 2013, or if it is starting on later year models up to 2013, but from what I could gather out of the conversation is that they have seen a couple of 2013 models with this issue and slightly older models, he said it is a newly flagged problem that no early models have yet to experience, hence re-routing the loom back to it's original route as per early models.

This is not necessarily the same issue you have, but it may be worth looking into.

Thanks for this - just seen it! I won the argument at the dealership and it is no repaired. However I am still waiting for a new seat as mine is broken! It took a complaint to Peugeot to get them fix it. I will never buy from that dealership again!