What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help required

tony jay

Reaction score
Had an incident yesterday that gave me a hell of a shock.
Went to bluewater , and at top of hill coming to lights . . No brakes!!!!!! Peddle just really hard, lucky I was slowing down for red light, used gears and handbrake to stop. Nursed it into bluewater car park. Checked brake fluid ,seems ok. Started engine and brakes now seem ok. The only thing I can think might have caused a problem was some pretty deep puddles id had to go through about 5 mins earlier.
Took it to garage today,they took it for test drive, had it up on ramp, checked everything they could think of, and can't find anything wrong. They'd never heard of such symptoms before, no idea what could have caused it. Said if it happens again then bring it back and they'll get whole brake system stripped down, !! Great if I'm still alive I suppose.
Anyone else experienced this at all?

lfe

Reaction score
If you are driving at speed and there is a lot of water on the ground, aquaplaning can occur, which means that the tire cannot evacuate all the water and the tire steps over the water, thus losing all of its traction and braking capacity.

Tire wear has a very big influence on this, if they are at the end of their life, aquaplaning is much easier.

tony jay

Reaction score
No it wasn't that. Pedal went very hard, and brakes didn't apply at all. Thanks anyway.

lfe

Reaction score
If you press the brake repeatedly and quickly at the end it gets hard because you don't let the pistons go back, but probably the wheels were braked but skidding.

Pedro

Reaction score
Bake vacuum or lack of pressure will cause that scenario ?

tony jay

Reaction score
If you press the brake repeatedly and quickly at the end it gets hard because you don't let the pistons go back, but probably the wheels were braked but skidding.
I hadn't been pressing brake repeatedly, and luckily I was going quite slowly, and was definitely not skidding. The peddle remained rock hard , and unusable until I turned the engine off, left it a few mins,then it cleared. All very strange.

tony jay

Reaction score
That's what I'm guessing, but why? And why does it now appear to be ok, that's my problem. Garage coukdn
Thats what I'm guessing, but what caused that, and why could it be ok now, with garage finding nothing amiss? I'm hoping just a one off caused by the deep (circa 8 inches) puddle id driven through 5 mins earlier. Just don't know, that is the problem. Thanks .

Pedro

Reaction score
Remember the old saying always check your brakes after going through deep water so it may be they were locked up due to being waterlogged but as I said previously if it reoccurs its best having a vacuum brake pressure check just to be on the safe side safe
Good luck & drive safely !;)