What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help please

Reaction score
Can 4 wheels with tyres fit in rcz, boot, back seats+passanger seat
Are lights on facelift tinted as standard?
Advice about grey colour, cant decide if I like it...

RCZ1

Reaction score
666 said:
Are lights on facelift tinted as standard?
Advice about grey colour, cant decide if I like it...

1. Yes
2. Only if you have Zenon headlights
3. What advice do you need about the grey? It’s not the matte grey - Asphalt model you refer to is it?

Reaction score
Yes xenon
standard grey, not Asphalt, wanna know how it looks in real compared to black or red when waxed, I know its personal perference but still...

Nemi

Reaction score
666 said:
Only if you are good at tetris :D

Personally, i can't fit 4 wheels in my RCZ. I know it is possible but i just can't find a way :eusa-think:

Reaction score
Silver and grey?
What is name of colour on 2nd picture

RCZ1

Reaction score
666 said:
Silver and grey?
What is name of colour on 2nd picture

Mercury Grey.

I think they both are just different light on the car. I like mercury grey with black roof arches. I think it’s a good combination

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I agree mercury gray, with black arches, wheels and mirrors look great :thumbup:

Reaction score
Agree, black arches are must
Cant decide on engine, equipment, colour ... my assumption was right lots of Rcz-s are in bad condition, crash repaired, engine in poor condition especially thp, lost service books etc. test one hdi with 130k miles and it was soft as my 308 :) with no power, inside worn materials, guess you get what you pay for
why are uk prices lover I dont know, this grey is onyx full equipment low milege, but colour do I like it ...
Sweet worries haha
My girl friend is waiting 4 months for my car, driving in car that wouldnt made MOT
DID YOU DECIDED
:lol:

Stu8

Reaction score
I've never seen a rcz in bad condition, I assume owners like too look after something of such beauty, like I do . :thumbup:

Reaction score
Best is when contact owner and he addmits and think that chiptuning or remap is something of a ad value, how long is chiptuned I ask, since new, ok thanks next please, 200 thp 30k miles
Service book checked? Well I dont have it, but belive me mileage is real, its loosing water but engine is fine on other thp200, you can get nice discount, cars with 3rd owner in 4 years hm...only bumper was changed, but its tottaly different colour, who painted it , only one guy has all repair bills, honest but if you change 1/3 parts thats no car for me, a lot of Stories like this, when talked to my mechanic he wasnt surprised at all just yea I know

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Stu8 said:
I've never seen a rcz in bad condition, I assume owners like too look after something of such beauty, like I do . :thumbup:

Believe me, I’ve seen some bad ones !

Me too the first Z I looked at looked like a farmer had been using it as a tractor! No car mats in and the drivers carpet was worn through to the floor pan!
The guy that owned it said it’s just a car to get you from A-B :roll:

Nemi

Reaction score
I prefer moroccan red with black arches and black headlights :cool:

As for equipment, there aren't many useful options apart from xenon lights :crazy:

Best is when contact owner and he addmits and think that chiptuning or remap is something of a ad value, how long is chiptuned I ask, since new, ok thanks next please

What's wrong with remap or chiptuning? :wtf: I have my remapped and i love it :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s not just RCZ’s it’s all cars you have to cut through the rough to find that diamond :thumbup: you have to be patient and keep looking, some things you can put right if the car is good enough and cheap enough :beer:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the first Z I saw. Naughty I know, although I only paid £2k cash for it.

I did trade in a car which paid the other £6500, but we'll gloss over that.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
I bought the first Z I saw. Naughty I know, although I only paid £2k cash for it.

What :eek: 2K for a Z :shock: Wow! I thought I had dropped on a bargain paying 18K for mine :crazy:

I test drove 2 before I got mine. Tbh, I reeaally had to try hard to control myself and not just buy the first one I saw. It was a silver 156 sport & I was amazed by it. I really wanted a MkII 200 GT though, which was the next one I drove, but it was a bit clunky & not the best condition.

We decided we wanted a white one, so drove all the way down to the midlands and bought a Moroccan Red :eusa-think:

The black arches, Nav pack, vision pack, black pack all just blew me away. So pleased we got the Red, it’s much easier to maintain a deep shine on darker cars.

As for the op’s question, the silver does suit the Z, having seen them at meets & having driven them in my early search.

It is true though that colour is almost always purely a personal preference. I don’t think there is a bad “stock” colour for the Z, but having a Moroccan Red, it is now my favourite colour for a Z.
Black ones can look awesome, depending on Wheel colour & arches, but they are high maintenance to look really good all the time.
White is still one of my favourites, but it is hard to show off the lines of the Z to best effect with that colour.

It really is an impossible question to answer, it’s kind of like asking what colour should I paint my lounge?

I think you should check out a few cars, if one comes up that seems to fit your requirements, take a decision on whatever colour that car is. If it’s not exactly what you want, keep looking, there will always be another car.

I did trade in a car which paid the other £6500, but we'll gloss over that.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with remap as long as I do it :lol:
Chiptuning no thanks, especially for hdi
Red mk2 is most beautiful, found one with xenon, alcantara, but seller had strange excuses,
turned out to be a scam? car still sells, but now also one company sell it, but with much higher price ... cant understand what is the point...
black is beautiful on z also saw red R and was wow wheels, back end with separated exaust, inside red stiches, leather door panels, whole car is amazing, when I was at peugeot dealership all new models were on parking spot even new 308 gti in black and red two tone colour, but mk1 rcz in between and everything else just looked dull, what a shame Peugeot wont produce it anymore with EPM2 platform being lighter 140 kg it would be cherry on a cake

Nemi

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with red R ;)

I live in Lithuania but i had to buy my RCZ from Germany because i couldn't find any RCZ in a good condition here :thumbdown: I guess there aren't many RCZs to choose from in Slovenia as well :eusa-think:

Reaction score
I see mk1 on road once a week,so they are not rare, but only mk2 was R
It was selling for 25k eur, others have ridiculous prices like 16k for 200thp 2010, cheapest has nice 2 tone shade on side-same colour
excellent condition never crashed lol
It was on Peugeot 156 thp 25k miles for 12k euro full equipment but hasiteted and its gone.. Germany here we come again....
I must pay 6 procent road tax when importing from EU but its still cheaper then in Slovenia, booked grey one seller remove add yesterday now put it again with lower price I know I live 1000km away, will have to buy at company and put deposit...

Nemi

Reaction score
A year ago prices for MK2 THP 200 in Germany were around 16-19k eur, for MK2 THP 156 ~15-17k eur, for MK1 ~12-15k eur, for R ~25k eur, for GT-line ~18-20k eur

16k eur for MK1 is a bit pricey but not ridiculous if it is really in excellent condition, low mileage and full spec :)