What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HELP - Over 1.500€ down the drain problem still not solved

jpav99

Reaction score
So I bought a 2011 RCZ with about 87k km feb last year. At the time I didn't notice

jpav99

Reaction score
So I bought a 2011 RCZ with about 87k km in February last year. At the time I didn't notice but it had some exhaust leaks close to the motor. I went to the mechanic and the guy who fixed it changed the exhaust gasket and sealed the leak. The very next week a car started to show a check engine light and when we put in the diagnostics machine it showed the P2263 error (Excess Turbo Max Pressure). I talked with some friends and they referred me to a turbo-specialized mechanic.

The worst decision of my life. I had terrible service I had to go there multiple times and sometimes he didn't even pick up the car. he said that my turbo was faulty, then we replaced it with a new one, and the next week the same error came up again, changed some sensors, and it showed up again. He cleans the error and says drive around and when it shows up come here. I came there over 6 times, over 50 days last year without the car, and over 1000€ down the drain.

Then I switched mechanics again, this time this guy works on BMW and does some gigs on the side, he contacted some people at Peugeot, and he cleaned some sensors and did other stuff the car needed like oil change, filters, etc...

He tested the car for over 90km but the error doesn't show up every time. after about 200km this error showed up again, he told me to go to the dealership and ask for more input there. After going there they told me it may have to do with more sensors or an oil leak in the valve gasket which I was planning to do.

So here's the issue. The error comes and goes multiple times, sometimes 1 per week sometimes more, I think it appears more often after a long ride in the highway, and then coming to national streets and at lower speeds it pops up.

The errors are the P2263, P000B, and P0015, the car goes into limp mode, and after turning off and turning on it comes back to normal but with the check engine light still on. After like 1-2 days the check engine light turns off and maybe a few days go by and it pops up again.

The car had a new turbo, new turbo sensors (idk which one bad mechanic btw), a valve cover gasket (which the Peugeot mechanic says is useless it's better to get a whole cover instead), exhaust gaskets, and thermostat.

The current solution the Peugeot mechanic said would work best for now is a new valve cover and 2 new sensors (sensors close to the air filter under the windshield) which would cost about 600€ + labor... I'm already over 1.5k down and it seems like I'm only changing parts for the sake of changing parts. Can anyone help me here?

I'm down to change the Valve cover, but I need to save money maybe auto doc parts? I need help

lfe

Reaction score
1711491354212.png

If your car is a 156 HP, where the arrow,it has a small filter at the end of a tube, held in a cavity back the distribution cover, it is a bit rare, it looks like a piece of rubber but it is a filter, you can immerse it in acetone to degrease it or make a hole to unclog it.

That resolved P2263 for me

Pedro

Reaction score
P00B is fuel & air ratio out of sync cam timing ?
P0015 Exhaust Camshaft timing issue ?
P2263 Turbo Faulty boost pressure sensor code can also include Turbo itself & Wastegate fault but you have a new unit so it maybe sensor ?

jpav99

Reaction score
These were the codes, and yes I believe you are correct.

I don't know what should I go for. Also there are many sensors that add up quicky. What do you think I should do?

Attachments

• 20240326_163404.jpg
    20240326_163404.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6

Pedro

Reaction score
I would be looking at cam & crank sensors also the VVT solenoid ?

jpav99

Reaction score
I'm low on cash atm, I'll be moving to Switzerland soon, and after a few weeks I'll come back and check everything, it's sad because I want the car there ASAP :s