What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HELP - New Engine Required

Chelle14RCZ

Reaction score
Hey all,
I need some help or advice please, so I got my lovely RCZ in October 2022, I love it but after only having it for 2 months the engine management light came on. I was informed it was a fuse and so that got changed. It then after 5 months started losing power and had to have the timing chain replaced. Its still not been right and I have recently had to have work on it which has resulted in my being told its not drive able and it needs a complete overhaul & new engine. I literally drive a maximum of 10 miles a day so this car should NOT be going wrong to this level.

This leaves me with a MAJOR dilemma. I have a fair bit of Finance left on it. I am paying you over £200 pcm for this car that I cant drive as well as my insurance and tax etc and its estimated it will cost around £3000 to have everything done on it. Money I simply don't have and cant lay my hands on.

I have been told the:
Vehicle loosing coolant & mixing with engine oil.
Checked and excluded rocker cover and oil cooler as possible causes.
Carried out compression test, cylinder 2/3 showing 100psi, cylinders 1&4 showing 150psi.
Head removed, skimmed and replaced.
Following rebuild, vehicle shows 150psi across 4 cylinders. Vehicle still mixing oil/coolant. Removed head again, engine block as a fracture in the piston lining between cylinder 2&3.
New Clutch required
New brake pads and discs required
New Turbo required
Vehicle requires new engine
To be quoted but looking around £3000

Bottom line is I now have a car that I cant drive and I owe a lot of money on. I want it fixed and would like to keep it but I literally don't know what to do or who to turn to. Can I give the car back to the finance company in this state? Does my GAP insurance cover any of this? Can anyone give me some options please?

I'm not very car savvy so please don't ask me any technical questions. (no I'm not a typical blonde woman) I HAVE looked after this car keeping a check on standard things like oil and water etc but this thing has got me jinxed.
Any suggestions please?

Pedro

Reaction score
Get in touch with finance company & Trading standards it sounds like its been sold as not fit for purpose as these faults would normally only occur on a high mileage engine so something stinks ?

Kerr

Reaction score
GAP insurance is when a car is written off and the GAP company make up the shortfall from what the insurance company paid out.

If faults occur within the first six months of purchase the dealer is liable. I'm not sure how it will work out 17 months later.

As Pedro says contact the finance company as they are the owners of the car. Document the issues you've had and link them back to early ownership.

Chelle14RCZ

Reaction score
Get in touch with finance company & Trading standards it sounds like its been sold as not fit for purpose as these faults would normally only occur on a high mileage engine so something stinks ?
Thank you, I have contacted them this morning and waiting to hear back