What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help needed 🥲 ABS & ESP lights on dash

Eldeb001

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a peugot RCZ 1.6 156 manual petrol,

I have a fault coming up on the dash for ABS & ESP faults, and ran a diagnostics which I have attached an image for,

Fault code U1213- CAN- fault in communication with ABS or ESP ECU- Distant

it also came up with a communication issue with the OSR wheel speed sensor.

I have since replaced this after buy the part from Peugeot dealership but the messages have not gone for the ABS & ESP as the fault code is permanent and when attempting to clear comes straight back.

the lights came on 2 days after driving down a road that was slightly flooded but a car coming the other way pushed a mini wave towards my car and I’m guessing could have caused issues that caused this.

does anyone have any ideas? I’m trying to avoid going to the dealer as it’s going to be £££££ and was hoping someone has had this before and fixed it

many thanks!
🙏

Attachments

• IMG_6451.jpeg
    IMG_6451.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 6

Pedro

Reaction score
Drowning the brakes could throw up issues with the ABS as will the pick up rings & sensors getting caked with dirt resulting with EML on for loss of signal & poor communication with the ECU