What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help Electric Issues

articpt

Reaction score
Hello RCZ World

I need Help with my 2010 RCZ THP 156 I am becoming desperate with him..
2010 car, almost 80.000 miles, 1 and Half Years Ownership .. only the coolant tank sensor problem...

2 Weeks ago, i've starting having problems with my RCZ.. Running fine, starting fine .. but 2 errors on startup... " Battery Charge or Electrical Supply Fault" and "Engine Fault Repair Needed" ...

First thing, I connected Torque to the car, no error there, then I measure Voltage on Torque, it was a low 13V running and 12.5V with car off. With this information , i thought the problem was the Alternator. I was taking my car to the shop to change the Alternator, and I saw that Water Temperature rise to 90, and then falls to 70, 50, 90 again... Thought it was very strange, but could be from the alternator.

They changed the alternator for a mitsubishi one, the same as original, and the "Battery or electrical supply fault" disappeared. and now is making more than 14V.

But the other error didn't disappear. They were with car on Idle at the shop.. and then it went to the red the water temp, they turned the car and they noticed that the FANS didn't started... No fuse's Blown...

Despite Engine Management error is on Screen, nothing appears on Torque Pro and Torque Light. No Fuses are Blown.... the fans should work when the car went to red ..

This can be the case of the Thermostat Housing? Can anyone knows what the part number for the correct and upgraded thermostat housing for the 156?

articpt

Reaction score
New developments
Car wasn't starting
Eco mode and Baterry or power suplly error again.

I guess the problem is the Battery and they made me change the alternator for nothing.

Putting a new battery and taking car to Peugeot this afternoon to see the water temperature problem.

articpt

Reaction score
Car is starting full of errors , abs, esp, battery etc ...
with new alternator...

And running now in city and out , water went to 90 and didn't move with me. But I saw after launch, and mechanic shop, idling goes to 130~C , and reading 70 on a laser measuring device that they had pointed to water pipes.

No blown fuses, windows close and open fast, no rough idle .. car is running fine, despite errors...

:S

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you actually change the battery? There have been loads of errors thrown up which have had dealers scratching their heads at and owners have sorted by changing the battery. :eusa-think:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
If it’s on its original battery, I would say 8 years is pretty good life.

This cold weather generally flags up weak or end of life batteries, so I wouldn’t be surprised it that was the source of many of your problems.

As others asked, has it actually been changed - or better yet, changed? That would tell you a lot.

The temperature reading thing could be the well-known sensor fault.

However, I’d get the base electrical issue sorted first.

articpt

Reaction score
The battery wasn't stock
It was a Varta with 3 years 60Ah 540A.

I have a new alternator the same as stock new. Put it last week. And now I changed the battery to a new Varta with 77A. Same Baterry or electric charge error.

AC is blowing cold air.no blown fuses.

Temperature problem... Running never rise above 90, but is going from 90 to 70 to 55 to 70 to 50. And idling goes to 130 inside the car but with a laser measuring thermometer is making 90...

articpt

Reaction score
After installing myself the new battery. I couldn't trust the shop that told me the cause was the alternator. They told me that no fuses were blown.

I check the f21 the fan fuse. Was indeed blown. And it blown immediately a new one that I Ve installed so I guess the problem is the Electric Water Pump.

tianorth

Reaction score
Have you tried a BSI reset?

Since you have changed a few things!

Also did you go through the correct procedure for installing a new battery (ie when disconnecting the old one waiting until all electrics have gone to sleep)?