What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

help ! day time running lamps and spoiler

fleetwood1

Reaction score
new member here ! I have just bought a 2012 GT THP but for the life of me i cannot get the day time running lamps to operate ! what am i missing ??? I go into the menu, they are switched on but they are not lit ? Also I am sure my spoiler does not rise by itself in motion, it only rises by pressing the button ????

thanks !

2retro

Reaction score
Are you sure the spoiler doesn't rise on its own? You can't tell if it does or not from just using rear view mirror (unless it's stage 2 at 95mph!).

fleetwood1

Reaction score
Are you sure the spoiler doesn't rise on its own? You can't tell if it does or not from just using rear view mirror (unless it's stage 2 at 95mph!).
i manually put the spolier in stage one and i can see it in the mirror whilst stationary

NF7

Reaction score
new member here ! I have just bought a 2012 GT THP but for the life of me i cannot get the day time running lamps to operate ! what am i missing ??? I go into the menu, they are switched on but they are not lit ? Also I am sure my spoiler does not rise by itself in motion, it only rises by pressing the button ????

thanks !
I think you have to have lights on the steering wheel controls set to "AUTO" to enable day time laps.

Regarding the spoiler, you cannot see it in Stage 1 when driving from the rear window. You can see it only when fully extended - i. e. Stage 2.

The RCZ gets an active rear spoiler that grants it greater aerodynamic efficiency. The electrically-operated spoiler pops up automatically at a 19 degree angle at 85km/h and fully extends to 34 degrees at speeds over 155km/h

You can check to see if the spoiler rises - go on the highway and ask a friend to drive behind you.

fleetwood1

Reaction score
I think you have to have lights on the steering wheel controls set to "AUTO" to enable day time laps.

Regarding the spoiler, you cannot see it in Stage 1 when driving from the rear window. You can see it only when fully extended - i. e. Stage 2.

You can check to see if the spoiler rises - go on the highway and ask a friend to drive behind you.
I have the lights set on AUTO but still no lamps, however if i switch to manual i have sidelamps, are the sidelamps the same unit ?

NF7

Reaction score
AFAIK, the daytime running lamps are the led lights beneath the main headlights. I have them turned on in the settings and headlights to auto and they work no issue.

Pedro

Reaction score
I thought they would be initialized once the engine is started you may at a pinch need a BSI reset for any Auxiliary issues

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Put some confetti in the fin close it manually and then go for a drive and look behind you or when you get back check under your fin to see if you have any confetti left.... Hope this helps you out

fleetwood1

Reaction score
AFAIK, the daytime running lamps are the led lights beneath the main headlights. I have them turned on in the settings and headlights to auto and they work no issue.
are these seperate to the sidelamps ? i cannot see any leds ?

NF7

Reaction score
are these seperate to the sidelamps ? i cannot see any leds ?

As far as I know these are daytime running lights - this is what I mean with leds. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Never took any notice for anything different, since I always have headlights on AUTO.

EDIT: Nevermind my posts. I misread and thought you have 2014 model. Sorry for the confusion.

4e7e366d9e914deca925a5a8881da1b6.jpg

Woodso

Reaction score
Mine's a MK1 and the daytime lights are 2nd element in the side light bulb and is the brighter of the two. Is it just a case of blown bulbs?

delle

Reaction score
New member here can you attach a picture or your daytime lights I too have the mk1 and cannot see mine working... Thanks in advance.

delle

Reaction score

Logikmaster

Reaction score
New member here can you attach a picture or your daytime lights I too have the mk1 and cannot see mine working... Thanks in advance.
Got these images from another topic on here regarding bulb type (can’t remember who 🙏) but these show what is where on the Mk1 ….
D3392B81-B754-4FD8-A88A-B9B60E448A7C.jpeg

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
From memory, it isn't a bulb.
Also, the DRL on the mk1 is a twin filament, I think. Shared with the sidelights.
So I guess if you have one or the other out, it's a bulb issue.

Hopefully.