What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

help another fault code

A

Anonymous

Hi all please help my car came up with the parking assist not working message can anyone tell me where the control box is located or any idea what it could be and which fuse is it and is the fuse under the bonnet can't afford to take it in to garage at the moment so need to try and sort it myself thank you

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your having problems Mick (Plecadoras) is your man regarding parking sensors I do know the control unit is in the boot behind the passenger side lining but I think you’ll find it’s just a faulty sensor easy and cheap to sort :thumbup:

Daft question but with the bad weather the sensors aren’t covered up with snow by any chance? :eusa-think:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yep Neil is 100% correct the Sensor ECU is in the boot above the left wheel arch, accessible from the small square door in the boot lining wall. As for the sensors, you can swap them out individually and without taking the bumper off LOL !
But working out which one is faulty may not be so easy. you could disconnect one and go from there. Do you have them front and back?

The Ecu is about £200 ( depending if 4 port or 8 port ) plus needs programming from the squeelers.

Cheers :beer:

Nemi

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Daft question but with the bad weather the sensors aren’t covered up with snow by any chance? :eusa-think:

Worth checking, sometimes my RCZ gives that error code when sensors get covered in snow :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Hi all the sensors are all clean as i did this first now i know where the control box is ill have a look but its not going to be for a week or so its just to cooled thank you to the people who have given advice so far i very grateful and will keep you up to date when i can i do have both front and back sensors, if just one sensor as gone would this stop the system working ?

A

Anonymous

Plecodoras said:
Yep Neil is 100% correct the Sensor ECU is in the boot above the left wheel arch, accessible from the small square door in the boot lining wall. As for the sensors, you can swap them out individually and without taking the bumper off LOL !
But working out which one is faulty may not be so easy. you could disconnect one and go from there. Do you have them front and back?

The Ecu is about £200 ( depending if 4 port or 8 port ) plus needs programming from the squeelers.

yes front and back if one is faulty will this give me the fault :helpme:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
gixster said:
Plecodoras said:

Have you tried putting it in reverse to see if the rear sensors work? It might be a front sensor warning. I haven't had a problem as such with the factory sensors, so not sure about faulting them out. I know when I tried to trace which sensors was which with a tone tracer, it was a nightmare for the duplex wiring and earthing issues. It took a very good ear to detect the very slight increase in volume when locating the correct one. Not all the sensors are easily accessed though, with the front centre ones particularly difficult to reach from inside the bumper.

A

Anonymous

Plecodoras said:
gixster said:
Plecodoras said:

Have you tried putting it in reverse to see if the rear sensors work? It might be a front sensor warning. I haven't had a problem as such with the factory sensors, so not sure about faulting them out. I know when I tried to trace which sensors was which with a tone tracer, it was a nightmare for the duplex wiring and earthing issues. It took a very good ear to detect the very slight increase in volume when locating the correct one. Not all the sensors are easily accessed though, with the front centre ones particularly difficult to reach from inside the bumper.
both front and rear not working do you know where the fuse is and what number it is

Plecodoras

Reaction score
No I don't know which fuse it is.
Do you know anyone with a rcz which you could try the sensor ECU in the boot on yours to try eliminate ECU, this is the most expensive part. Sensors can be sourced on Fleabay. You might have to book it into the garage, check with them how much for diagnostics, it might be the easiest solution for the fault.

A

Anonymous

Plecodoras said:
No I don't know which fuse it is.
Do you know anyone with a rcz which you could try the sensor ECU in the boot on yours to try eliminate ECU, this is the most expensive part. Sensors can be sourced on Fleabay. You might have to book it into the garage, check with them how much for diagnostics, it might be the easiest solution for the fault.
no dont know anyone think ill have to bite the bullet and take it to garage :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if you put your ear close to the sensor it will make a slight clicking noise if it’s working never tried it though and I’m sure if one sensor goes down the whole system faults.

aladdinsane

Reaction score
Hi
I had that fault this morning,at dinner time i cleared all ice from front bumper which cleared the fault.
It could be that 1 sensor or more are being affected by a build up of ice either on the surface or inside.
just a thought.
good luck

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Parking sensor control unit fuse F14 (15 A )

Attachments

• A430A3F3-263A-489B-956A-DF53C3D19CF2.jpeg
    A430A3F3-263A-489B-956A-DF53C3D19CF2.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,641

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. This fuse also covers......

Attachments

• 33CBD77A-CFCA-4077-B59F-2D221B37EE1F.jpeg
    33CBD77A-CFCA-4077-B59F-2D221B37EE1F.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4,643