What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help/Advice

Scott S

Reaction score
I have a non sat nav gt, my question is can a sat nav from another z be installed or if not has any one got any advice on which android systems can be fitted which still allow you to use all the other functions. I've currently got a brand new seat leon as a courtesy car and I now need something touch screen in my z.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m sure if you search old posts this has been done quite easily with both scenarios :thumbup:

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I was trying to find out the same Scott (May 2018).

Ended up discovering the best option was https://www.iceboxauto.com/peugeot-408-2010-2011-android-8-v5634-b (at that time last year)

It was all championed by "motoscotti". There should be a youtube video of him fitting an earlier unit than the one above.
As you may notice he mentions all the incompatibilities with his particular unit (you will still have to remove a plastic bar on the fascia as well).

I asked about compatibility though from the unit supplier, and they could not 100% guarantee compatibilty so I never opted for it. He said as long as you do not have JBL (amplified) speakers or a navi it will work. The possible issues were no trip computer, but the usual suspects (clock setting, steering wheel controls, parking sensors and interior lights) seemed to work OK on RCZ & 308 but could not be guaranteed.

Let me know if you find a solution though.

Scott S

Reaction score
Cheers for this, I saw his vid and it also made me want to upgrade, but I do want everything else to work. It's difficult to find anyone who guarantees it. I don't have Jbl so that's not a problem. I just wanted to know if anyone had fitted one themselves

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I do know that at least one member has replaced his single din oem unit for a double din touch screen, and with the addition of some sort of wiring connector, he managed to get all functions working.
You might just have to do a bit of digging to find his post, but I know it can be done.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Definitely can be done and all the connectors are available on Fleabay.

As mentioned you will need to do some searching on here but there are different threads with the same topic and it has been covered to completion.

I think AEK even changed his non sat nav to a sat nav from a Z, with full operability.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Definitely can be done and all the connectors are available on Fleabay.

Now I am NOT disagreeing with you Plec. however, I have yet to see a solution that is "plug & play".

Most of the threads I read were where people had to be creative.
i.e. leaving the old head unit under a seat to allow clock changes. Rewiring the reverse beeper to rear speakers etc.

I will have to see if AEK documented that sat nav build, would be interesting.

Scott S - I am in talks with the head unit supplier, as I have noticed there is a new unit available (W083) for the RCZ, just waiting to hear if it has better compatibility than the V5634. I will let you know here if there is any progress.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
If you want a plug and play solution Go for An Android 2din unit

2retro

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
If you want a plug and play solution Go for An Android 2din unit
Such as? I would consider swapping mine if it was as simple as just taking one out and plugging the new one in. But is it...?

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Yes it is the only thing you need is An adaptor for the buttons behind the steering wheel.

Check youtube

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
OK, so I have put this info together to hopefully show why I don't think there is a plug & play solution;
It is very likely that I am wrong and the units out there are capable, it's just I haven't seen any evidence.

Just to be clear, I am talking about the RD5 head unit here, this is important and I will hopefully explain why.

Pic1 is of my car showing the RD5, analogue clock, & LCD display. What is important here (big red letters)
is the menu button on the head unit. This is the only way to get access to the cars computer/settings etc. (AFAIK)

Pic2 shows what you can view/change within that.
I know a lot of these are going to be replaced with the new unit (audio functions, bluetooth etc.)
What you lose though if you cannot access this menu is; vehicle diagnostics, define vehicle parameters,
setting time and date etc.

All I need to know is whether the Android Double Din head units (or any other unit to be honest)
keeps this functionality or allows you to access these settings another way.

What I am tempted to do is drive over to the supplier and ask if I can test the installation myself by
fitting the unit and seeing what is affected. Not sure if he would be happy to do that though!

Attachments

• rd5-1.jpg
    rd5-1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,658
  • rd5-2.jpg
    rd5-2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,658

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
So at 18.10 into the video you can see what I need the unit to do. :thumbup:

All I need to know now is whether the units suitable for the RCZ (V5634/W083) do the same.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
So after a little discussion and showing the video above to the shop that sells the head units.
They have confirmed the unit in the video (Seicane S32634G) is practically the same (as the V5634), so should operate the same too.

Anyway, I have ordered one and will update this thread with any relevant info in due course.
I was fortunate to enquire during a promotion so should get a free reversing camera & OBD module as well. :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Okeydoke OkeyStokey !

Thanks for keeping us all informed, this is an interesting thread which for me actually dictates which model of car I go for,
ie. Satnav or non Satnav.
Plus the unit in the RCZ is as most would tell you, not that brilliant nor is it very user friendly!
So having a unit which has maybe Apple play or the Android equivalent, is a great second option. I know that some functionality can be lost, but changing the centre clock though not really important, is an annoyance non the less.
Keep us posted on how you get on and if possible, you might do an installation guide?
Cheers M.

And well done for getting the extra bits, right place at right time!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Thanks Plecodoras.
I already have the majority of a guide written for the prep. basically stolen from MotorScotti but with some minor amendments.
I "roughly" have the stereo installed, not fully, as I need to work on the camera before locking everything down.

There are a few minor issues at the moment which I will mention in a write up. So I don't want to bog down this thread too much (probably start a new one for the install).

One of them I thought I would ask here 1st, as it may be really simple?

This "musical ambience vocal" box is a permanent feature when listening to the radio. Not a huge problem, but it hides the time/date and a few other things depending on which display mode you pick.

Any ideas how to hide it? I thought it may be a peugeot MFD message that can be changed with a setting?

Attachments

• RCZ DISPLAY.jpg
    RCZ DISPLAY.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,441

Odd Bod

Reaction score
I am a newbie and would be interested in your outcome, only the link above (for me doesnt work)