What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Help/Advice with fault codes

burchy182

Reaction score
Needing a bit of advice folks. Just done a scan with my new OBD2 scanner and it came up with these faults. Being new to the RCZ i'm none the wiser. Are they anything to worry about/easy to rectify :)
97B17BC2-C8E1-4ED6-BCB1-61EB80E15B06.png
I've got a THP200 if that's a help......

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Might be worth doing a BSI reset.
Are you having any problems with the car or is it just showing codes?

burchy182

Reaction score
Might be worth doing a BSI reset.
Are you having any problems with the car or is it just showing codes?
I'll give that a go in the morning. Not noticed any issues as of yet. Car appears to be running fine, only had it about 6 weeks though. To be honest I didn't even know my Z had headlamp wash until yesterday when i saw a spray of water come up from the front of the car. Will the BSI reset clear the faults associated with it and if there is an issue with the headlamp wash will the fault code reappear?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You might need an OBD II reader to reset the codes. I’m not sure whether or not the BSI reset will do it. I would give it a go first though as it can’t do any harm so long as it’s done correctly.
If the codes do return, at least you then know there is actually something wrong somewhere, and that they are not just old ghost codes.

burchy182

Reaction score
You might need an OBD II reader to reset the codes. I’m not sure whether or not the BSI reset will do it. I would give it a go first though as it can’t do any harm so long as it’s done correctly.
If the codes do return, at least you then know there is actually something wrong somewhere, and that they are not just old ghost codes.
I do have an OBD2 reader. Can the reader reset the BSI or is that the same as resetting the codes?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
No, you can’t do a BSI reset with the OBD II reader. You should be able to reset the codes though, but I think it depends on the reader you have.

Here is the BSI reset procedure:-

BSI reset....

Put the drivers window down, lift the bonnet & ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from ignition,
Wait 3 minutes, disconnect vehicle battery & wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect battery, wait further 10 seconds (do not open doors)
Switch on the side lights through the drivers window.
Switch on the ignition & check systems functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door, test central locking system.
Start the engine & complete the system check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Let us know if this helps.

2retro

Reaction score
You should just put those BSI steps in your signature - will save you a lot of time copy and pasting them every other day! 🤣