What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself. Ordered my RCZ (Charcoal 156 Sport) back in June; due to arrive Sheerness tomorrow so I should get it late next week when they remove the delivery wax, add Supagard etc. Went for the Sport as I hate leather seats and the 156 because I don't have money to spend replacing front tyres every 6 months (which is normally the case with high-power front-wheel drives).

Trading up from an 05 206cc - it was fun if hairdressery (when I first got it they were known more as girls cars and I'd get guys in BMWs trying to race me and getting a shock to see a fat bloke) but looking for something a bit different and along came the RCZ.

Been reading the forum but not posting and found it interesting so far. Thanks for the link to the owners' manual and the info about the USB sticks in particular. Also been following "Autocar" quite closely since they added one to their fleet.

Ex!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

Glad to hear its not long until you get yours - don't forget to post up pics as soon as you get it.

A

Anonymous

Hi Ex! Welcome to the forum and happy motoring when you get your new babe! Those BMW guys will still want to race you :lol:

A

Anonymous

First of all, welcome Ex!

Secondly, I'm getting a bit sick of all these people that are taking delivery or expecting their cars very soon - its just not on!

On a more serious note....
Exclamation said:
Went for the.....156 because I don't have money to spend replacing front tyres every 6 months (which is normally the case with high-power front-wheel drives)
depends on how you drive....but I take your point.

Hope your wait isn't too long (it doesn't sound like it will be) and that your soon enjoying the new car. Don't forget the pics.

A

Anonymous

hhobbit said:
On a more serious note....
Exclamation said:
Went for the.....156 because I don't have money to spend replacing front tyres every 6 months (which is normally the case with high-power front-wheel drives)
depends on how you drive....but I take your point.

Thanks for all the welcomes

I get your point about how you drive, but I was in part exaggerating for effect and in part if you're going to drive like that what's the point of paying £2,000 extra for the additional power?

A

Anonymous

Exclamation said:
....if you're going to drive like that what's the point of paying £2,000 extra for the additional power?

A very valid point....which is why I've gone for the 156....(although I very nearly went for the 200!!)

Welcome again

A

Anonymous

Dealer forgot to request from the depot in Sheerness :brickwall:

On its way now and should get next week.

A

Anonymous

Look on the bright side...my build dates tomorrow - I've been waiting since May

FGRob

Reaction score
Welcome - the 156 still has the punch when you need it, so watch those tyres and the fuel :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :dance: :dance:

Rob

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
Welcome - the 156 still has the punch when you need it, so watch those tyres and the fuel :eusa-think: :eusa-think: :dance: :dance:

Rob
I'm trading in a 2.0 L Hyundai coupe which I find brisk enough away from the lights but when I test-drove a 156 GT it was REALLY punchy in comparison, all to do with the increased hp and the turbo so I'll have to watch out for those speed cameras :oops: :police: :!:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:

Rob

I can drive carefully - but reading other points about the 19" tyres being bespoke I'm thinking I made the right decision.

A

Anonymous

I think my Pearl white GT diesel may be on the same ship, it was in Calais Monday,so not long to wait now :dance:
I can't wait :beer:

A

Anonymous

No, it arrived in Sheerness (Thames Estuary) Saturday just gone. But Peugeot don't ship from Sheerness until the dealer requests it.

A

Anonymous

Got it. Not driven far (back from the dealers) as have to work but taking it over to Belgium tomorrow so we'll get to know each other then. Lovely looking car, both outside and in.