What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello from the Netherlands

frankvdb

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently bought an RCZ hdi.
It has been used as demo car by Pegeot Netherlands so is equiped with lots of options such as the NG4 dvd sat nav with bluetooth carkit, integral leather interior and xenon lights which follow the corner.
Before this car I had an 307 2.0 hdi 110hp which has an excellent engine which an important reason for getting this one plus that I really like the design, color and options on it. The engine is very powerful and I already had it on 222 km/h on the German autobahn. :clap:
As it had some minor paint damage on the rear bumper and I was away for work by plane last week I brought it back to the dealer to fix that.
When I wanted to pick it up this morning to my disappointment I was told that it was recalled to replace the turbo and they gave me a 308 1.4 petrol as replacement. :cry:
Do other people here with the hdi have their car recalled?
I didn't find anything about this turbo problem here.
In general, I prefer to have such issues within the waranty because turbo/engine/transmission repair is very labor intensive and costly.

Also, I'm looking for winter tyres on it.
Any recommendations for tyres?
Also I was wondering whether the tyre pressure checking is in the alloy or not?
I.e. if I choose to have winter tyres on new rims, can I take any wheel or do I need something special for checking tyre pressure?

Finally, sometimes after starting the engine, it says something like "no SIM card placed, unable to make emergency call".
Is that a malfunction?
The dealer said it's because I use bluetooth phone so don't have a SIM card placed.
When I placed a prepaid SIM card, it indeed didn't make any call, but instead after starting it asks every time if I want to use the internal phone instead of the bluetooth phone which I don't of course so I need to answer the question with no every time. Therefore I removed the SIM card again and I get the emergency call message again.

Thanks,
Frank

A

Anonymous

Hi Frank and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue: . Sorry that I can't answer your HDI-related questions but just wanted to welcome you and hope you get your problems resolved. In the UK we don't have the emergency link to Peugeot but that might be an entirely different matter to the in-car phone you've referred to. Good luck with your RCZ when you get it back :dance: . Haven't heard any forum members mention faulty turbos yet :thumbdown: .