What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello from New Zealand

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My gf just bought Kirinesha's rcz last night!

We aren't new to Pugs, she's been driving a 2004 307 XSP manual for the last few years and I've had a 205, 306, 406, and have a 205 race car also.

We really struggled to find a manual in NZ, and happened to see it sitting on the side of the road when i was walking to get lunch one day and because it had personalized plates for the previous owners business we emailed them asking if they might be interested in selling the car and funnily enough they where... so about a week later, boom the gf has a new car!

I'll get some photos of it after we give it a good clean and polish.

From what we can tell it's got the Monaco Kit (JBL premium Hi Fi sound system, directional bi-Xenon headlights with auto height adjustment & headlight washers), 19" Sortilege wheels, electric heated and adjustable seating with driver's memory... Not sure if thats GT spec or not...

I've already been told i'm not allowed to take it to a track day...

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum and you've picked a corker. I really look forward to seeing the pics and clearly you are very familiar with the marque (pleeeease can we see some photos of your 205 race car?)! :D

You're getting to take the car on a track day?! Clearly your missus has a lot of faith in you!! :thumbup:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Welcome to the forum and you've picked a corker. I really look forward to seeing the pics and clearly you are very familiar with the marque (pleeeease can we see some photos of your 205 race car?)! :D

You're getting to take the car on a track day?! Clearly your missus has a lot of faith in you!! :thumbup:

Hahaha no i can't take it to a track day... i did ask...

The 205:

Sweet Abzynthe - no idea what the gt spec included.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
The 205 is a lot of fun but we had a trap door fail in the sump and we seized the engine. So after I get back from a holiday in July, I'm going to start an engine conversion project and put one of the ew engine from a 307 into it.

RCZ question - did all the gt spec cars come with the short shift and sports wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

RCZ question - did all the gt spec cars come with the short shift and sports wheel? [/quote]
No. To get that was an optional extra as was the headlights that you have.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

On reflection. My reply is not entirely correct, as it was standard on the 200 BHP GT.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Sorry i think shorter gear leaver... was what i was meaning.

We just got back from Andrea's (the GF) first decent drive, i made her drive a decent road about 20 min or so from central Auckland - the Coatsville / Riverhead Highway (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RihJJaAyGrE - the fun part is from 0:00 - 3:50) - I noticed after i drove it on the return leg when we stopped to swap over there was a hot ceramic odd smell, I'm going to assume the cat hadn't been HOT for a while and that was the smell???

I've been told I have to give the car regular Italian Tune ups...

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Well she's had it for 2 days now...

So time to start tweaking it, she's already decided it needs to be a bit lower - so I'm checking with rczperformance.com about the shipping costs of their H&R springs to NZ. I also popped into Car Folio to ask about tinting the windows to match the rear window, and it was $200 (NZD) so i'll look at getting that done in the near future also.

Yes the car needs a very good clean...

I decided that there is too much chrome in the front:

So roughly mocked up what the front would look like with it blacked out a bit - go the pvc tape!:

I've had a quote for $100 - $150 (NZD) to professionally wrap the chrome bits, so we will ask a few more places and get it done.

and have thought about using the 3M 1080 Brushed black metallic vinyl on the arches - here is a brushed metal fuel tank to get an idea of what i'm talking about:

and also been playing with the idea of debadging the rear to a degree:

I'll be getting the dental floss out tomorrow to remove the Peugeot and the RCZ for her.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
O Lusitanian said:
Looking GOOD.
Maybe you should consider joining us in the group buy for some quads !
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7502

Yes we can ship to New Zealand. Drop us a message on the group buy thread or send us a PM, or send us an email to [email protected] or a message on our Facebook page, or a message on our Twitter page and we can get you the cost.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
I was the guy that emailed you about the H&R springs, =;-)

The gf's not interested in the quads at the moment, but she does have a growing list of mods for the car.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
DRTDVL said:
I was the guy that emailed you about the H&R springs, =;-)

The gf's not interested in the quads at the moment, but she does have a growing list of mods for the car.

Hello. Yes we are working on the costs for you on the springs and will get back to you at the beginning of the week with that.

No worries about the quads but we are interested in the other mods you want to do and how we can help :thumbup:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
Thanks RCZ Performance I got the quote, and I'm working with the GF on a priority list of mods of her car...

Currently the stereo is the main concern for her, so I've been tasked with getting that upgraded.

I've removed the Peugeot and RCZ from the back of the car and it's really improve the look of the back of the car. Makes it more aggressive and wider.

renegade79

Reaction score
Nice car. Welcome to the forum and best of luck with it :greetings-wavingblue:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
So my sports trips a done and I'm focusing on cars again, so as a surprise I get the now wife's rcz tinted for her.

We have plans to get the rails, lion badges, and lower two chrome strips painted bronze and the rest blacked out as she loves the rcz concept with the satin black body and bronze accents...