What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hello and New Owner

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
So I have been on the forum for a few weeks now, and after reading a lot of posts, I finally ordered an RCZ :D

It is a 2011 GT 1.6 THP200 Manual, Opal White with 19"Sortilege Black Onyx wheels and Vision Pack.

I should receive it in just over a week while they have it transported from the port to the dealership.

I can't wait to get the car! I am giving-up my 2001 Peugeot 206 to get this as it just blew the head gasket.

Too give you a little history about myself. Born in England but lived most of my life in California. I have always been into cars and have owned and built some nice cars in my life. Had a 1970 Ford Maverick built it for 1/4 mile racing with a dual-4bbl carbed tunnel rammed 351C going through a stalled auto to a narrowed 9" rear with 4.56 gears. A 1999 Porsche Carrera Speed Yellow with Aero Kit. A 1989 Ford Mustang that I built for road racing and shows. It had a 650bhp s/c 351W with full on roll cage, racing seats and harnesses, big brake system, and a lot of other things to make it handle and go quickly. I was the original owner since 1989 but had to sell it when I left California to return home to England. I'm a voice network engineer for a Cisco distributor, and I like car detailing/valeting on the side (high end cars like exotics, collector cars, and anyone with a few hundred for a great detail job...so yes the RCZ will be getting a great detail after I get it).

Any ways, glad to be here and look forward to meeting-up with some of you in the near future.

Cheers,

Steven

A

Anonymous

Hi Steven,
Looks like you lke your cc's from your post? Same here, raced for years ending up, and now retired from, the BRiSCA F1 stock car formula (BBC Gears and Tears series last year anyone?) 510ci (8400cc) big block chevy with 620bhp/650llbs/ft through a Doug Nash ratio change box.
Like you I've been seriously looking at swapping my 70,000 mile ST Focus roadcar for an RCZ. I was geared up to order a new 200 with vision pack, feline pack and sat nav but by the time we'd thrashed a deal out on paper the difference between the RCZ and an Audi S3 Sportback (not the RS) was just £1500. After much deliberation concerning tax, insurance, running costs, desirability, practicality and residuals I have just ordered the S3 today. The difference in price was just over £3K but Audi gave me £1750 more than Peugeot seemed willing to and I didn't have the inclination to dispose of my car privatley so the Audi it was.
Got to say I was very underwhelmed by the lack of purpose and sheer lack of product knowlege regarding the RCZ from the dealer, I got a whole lot more info about this smashing little car from this site and it's members than I did from the dealer and would like to thank everyone for their advice.
Mike

http://photos.stoxnet.com/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pid=23686#top_display_media

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Zombie.

Good choice you have made to :thumbup:

I see that you are also interested in detailing, like myself. Not detailed any real exotics as such but done a few different cars but that's the enjoyment of detailing.

Don't forget to post some pics of your white RCZ when you get it. :D

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
@ Mike A 278 - yep loved the cc's but it took a lot of hp to make the cars move due to weight of the engines. The Mustang was my love and with all of the goodies I had in it it was good for a top-speed of 192mph and handling was superior, but of course on the roads it was a handful, but a joy to drive. I will post pictures soon of it. Shame you didn't get the RCZ but never mind the Audi is a nice car. My dealership was not too helpful either with the RCZ and haven't sold many of them. I did find a lot of information on this forum, and so I ended-up knowing a lot more than the dealership and sales person, so I too thank the people on this site for their inputs. It will be my daily driver and my commute is about an hour through the Cotswold's, so a nice beautiful drive with lots of curves, and I do not see any other RCZ's along the way, so my commute is going to be fun every day.

@ RCZ1 - thanks for the welcome! I cannot wait to get my car, still waiting for the dealership to ring me to say it's there. Yep detailing was a hobby in California, but I am slowly working on it being a business here. I use Menzerna polishes for cutting (if necessary), Einszett polish and wax for a finish (it is a synthetic and gives a brighter shine than any other polish I have used before), some Autoglym and Meguiar products, Lake Country pads on a Flex XC3401VRG polisher. I'm one for attention to detail so I take hours to do the job right. But with a full-time job I don't get time to do the detailing work like I would like too. I will definitely post pics of the white RCZ when I get the keys, hoping that will be next Saturday (25 June 2011).

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The 1989 Ford Mustang:

1999 Porsche Carrera:

A

Anonymous

That engine is a work of art Zombie even if it is a Ford! We've almost completley moved away from the BBC especially on tar now in favour of the small blocks. Still got one big block out on loan at the moment which, hopefuly, one fine day will end up in a roadgoing vette which now I'm retired will be my next project.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Mike A 278 said:
That engine is a work of art Zombie even if it is a Ford! We've almost completley moved away from the BBC especially on tar now in favour of the small blocks. Still got one big block out on loan at the moment which, hopefuly, one fine day will end up in a roadgoing vette which now I'm retired will be my next project.

Thank you for the kind words about the engine. It is a 351W and so it is still considered a small block, it has only been bored a little but no stroking to it. Everything is aluminium other than the block. The engine is rock solid with all of the goodies needed to make the hp. Actually it produced over 700bhp, but that was too much for the roads, so it was de-tuned to just over 600bhp, more manageable to not spin the tyres too much. The list of mods that I did to this car is huge, and nothing was done cheaply either.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Figo said:
Lovely looking cars!

Thanks Figo, much appreciated. I loved each one of them. Hard to tell, but the shine on these cars was due to the extensive detailing I did on them. The sun really made them stand out. The Mustang won a couple of awards at shows, one of which was best paint. I will be posting a picture of the Ford Maverick I had too on here shortly, another car I built but this time for drag racing.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Update:

Just checked in with the dealership and it looks like my car will arrive on Monday. Because of work I will have to wait until Saturday though to pick it up, but will inspect the car before then.

A

Anonymous

I have to say that for most of us I suspect that the RCZ is a step up from our previous cars. I'm not sure that can be said for you. Hope that you can still appreciate this lovely car that you are about to take delivery of. But fantastic pics and lovely motors

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
I have to say that for most of us I suspect that the RCZ is a step up from our previous cars. I'm not sure that can be said for you. Hope that you can still appreciate this lovely car that you are about to take delivery of. But fantastic pics and lovely motors

I don't worry I will appreciate the RCZ...I was going to bring the Mustang over from California but to be honest it is such a beast that it would not be practical, where as the RCZ is. Thank you for the kind words too :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
manelin said:
now thats what i call an Engine lol damn

Thanks, I spent many hours on getting everything sorted. Believe it or not it actually has all of the California smog pieces on it (PCV, Smog Pump, EGR, etc.), and most of the after market parts are also CARB certified (including the super charger), only the upper intake is not (lower is). And when I had it smog tested, it passed all of the visual and the check while running on the machines, it actually ran cleaner than most of the new cars made in the U.S., but then of course it would since it is designed to be efficient. So it was practically smog legal and I drove it on the streets. Sad to sell it though :cry:

A

Anonymous

well,, ill be in vegas next week,,, so only a short trip to cali to have a drive with it :p lol :dance: :dance: :dance: ah crap,,, you sold it already,,, although i like the looks of the maverick better... but thats personal

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Just spoke to the dealership, my new RCZ will be ready for my viewing tomorrow...so if it is what I want, then I will be picking it up on Saturday :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The car is at the dealership :) It looks great. I will be picking it up on Saturday as they have to prep it now.

I asked them to de-badge it at the rear, basically I do not want them stolen plus I like the stealth look. I opted to have all 3 badges removed (Peugeot, Lion, and RCZ)...would you agree with this decision, all 3 that is?

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
I asked them to de-badge it at the rear, basically I do not want them stolen plus I like the stealth look. would you agree with this decision, all 3 that is?
Na I couldn't go along with that idea. But each to there own. It's your money, your car and your choice though