What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heating problem?

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi to all you permanent grin on the face owners :mrgreen: (Because we all own the latest and greatest sensation - the RCZ :D )

When I'm driving I have noticed that if the heating is set to the down arrow only (no A/C, auto or any other directional settings) and turned up to settings above three lights I get what can only be described as a intermittent blowing sound that's quite loud & blustery sounding? However, when I press additional direction buttons it seems to quieten down?
Could you please try this setting and advise me of your findings?

Thanks all.

A

Anonymous

there are some settings that give a distinct whistle...

But then you are simply using a fan to force air about a car.. so noises are to be expected. I had that in Audis, Hondas and MG's so didnt really even notice it till i looked :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I tried this today and yes there is a distinct whistling kind of noise, which does disappear if you choose different directional options too or turn the setting up beyond 3 lights. It must be a "feature" :D

I always keep mine on auto and a/c so have never had this / noticed it before.

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Thanks Figo for your comments and an extra big thank you to RCZ1 for trying the settings :clap: .

Still sounds like a tornado though!!! :roll:

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I hate not being able to hear the engine over the blowers. I rarely turn up the dial past 4 because of this. I like to be able to hear what is going on up front!

A

Anonymous

This happens with my car, there is a whistle sort of sound coming out of the airvents on certain settings. Very strange.

A

Anonymous

the whistling only happens when the fan is directed to your feet if you add other directions it will silence it a little but take the downward directions indicator off it dissapears all together :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Hi folks, i'm happier now that i've read this thread, as i too have the dreaded whistle ! Like you say, only on the down pointing (on it's own) setting.
Only last week (before i hit on this forum), i went to the dealer to make a note of it, they had no knowledge of the noise before.
Now i know that it's not a fault, i can happily forget it!!