What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heating issues

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

After the recent snow - my heating stopped working.

Usually I have it up by 23 degrees (or level of comfort) - never really go higher than that.

Now at 23 it blows cold to lukewarm air - but if if turn it up higher to 27 - it blows a hot(ish) kind of air.

Been stuck like this for a while - is this a thermostat issue?

I have had the car checked by a mechanic and he says all pipes and etc are flowing ok - he even diagnosed it (he says) - but the problem still persists!

Nemi

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Firstly, the value indicated on the display corresponds to a level of comfort and not to a temperature in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit

Secondly, isn't this like your third topic about the heater? :eusa-think: In previous posts you said that your bf checked it and said it was broken thermostat. So was it really broken? Did you have it fixed?

A

Anonymous

Nope 2nd topic - had it checked like i was told it was ok - and no still not fixed. In my last post i said I "think" it was a broken thermostat - i relayed all of this to the mechanic.

Mechanic says everything is ok - but heating is still acting up!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It does sound like a thermostat issue, although, if you are getting “warmer” air when you increase the value, maybe it’s a sensor somewhere that is faulty.
If the thermostat is totally gone, I would have thought it wouldn’t matter what you did with the controls, the air temp would stay the same, nevertheless I would have thought the thermostat was a good place to start.

A

Anonymous

ok - thank you DKZ5745 - that sounds logically. Can i just ask - if the sensor indeed is faulty - would i get some sort of warning? The car usually warms me about everything - plus the mechanic did say he plugged it into one of those gadgets that diagnose car faults & said everything was ok!

tianorth

Reaction score
What happens if you turn it to HI?

When the temperature gauge (on your instrument cluster) is near 90 degrees, you should get hot air coming out.

In an old car I had an internal/external temperature thermometer (from lidl for £2.99) and I put the external wire into one of the vents, and when it was on HI the temperature for that vent would report upto 72 degree C, and then after that it was out of range for that thermometer and it displays HI as well.
It was usually on for a long time trying to heat to the back of the car, which was a long way away.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
You know that if the out side temprature is near 20 Then it wont blow Hot air?

Dont know where you live and how the weather is

DKZ5745

Reaction score
queenb123 said:
ok - thank you DKZ5745 - that sounds logically. Can i just ask - if the sensor indeed is faulty - would i get some sort of warning? The car usually warms me about everything - plus the mechanic did say he plugged it into one of those gadgets that diagnose car faults & said everything was ok!

You wouldn’t necessarily get a fault warning, if the sensor is faulty, it might not be showing as faulty, it might just be mis-reading the temperature, leading to the air being blown out not being the temperature you “dialled in”.

I do think that the chances are it’s the thermostat though.

robrac

Reaction score
Sounds familiar this one.

There could be a simple cause for this.. the way the thermostat housing is manufactured is ideal for air to get trapped in the housing and the "bubble" can play havoc with the thermostat reading.
There is a plastic (careful) bleed screw on the thermostat housing.
Forgive me if you know about these but for those that dont............................................................

For those that are unfamiliar with it..
Look at the battery..... go left.....come to the motor.... stop.... go back a bit..... see the silver hp fuel pump?
look sort off under it and a bit nearer the front of the motor, there is a black plastic moulding on the side of the motor.
Shine a bright light downwards vertically around the top of the unit and look for a black plastic screw.....
Find a flat blade screw driver that fits into the screw tightly and crack the screw undone anticlockwise,,,, as soon as it moves stop and go clockwise a bit again.
Now run the motor until the fan kicks in.
Turn the heating button up as high as you can.
Start to unscrew anticlockwise the screw ONE TURN AT A TIME.
Turn it ,,,, look and wait
Turn it ,,,,look and wait
Turn it ,,,, wait
The screw (as it starts to release) will allow trapped gases to escape BUT if you get in there and start turning and turning there is a risk the screw can leave the threads completely, burning your hands and firing the screw across the motor so
turn it wait,,,,, no water or bubbles...
turn it,,,,wait
When you see water coolant let it leak away a little then close the screw Clockwise again.

If that doesnt cure it then its a new thermostat housing complete.
Cost approx £80 plus v and its 90 minute fitting time because its easier to remove stuff out of the way.

It could still be a partially plugged matrix but unlikely. These thermo units fail regularly. Do this first then if no better, its a matrix, £60 and 1 hour labour,,, both easy to do yourself.

ROBRAC

anandmongol

Reaction score
Sounds familiar this one.

There could be a simple cause for this.. the way the thermostat housing is manufactured is ideal for air to get trapped in the housing and the "bubble" can play havoc with the thermostat reading.
There is a plastic (careful) bleed screw on the thermostat housing.
Forgive me if you know about these but for those that dont............................................................

For those that are unfamiliar with it..
Look at the battery..... go left.....come to the motor.... stop.... go back a bit..... see the silver hp fuel pump?
look sort off under it and a bit nearer the front of the motor, there is a black plastic moulding on the side of the motor.
Shine a bright light downwards vertically around the top of the unit and look for a black plastic screw.....
Find a flat blade screw driver that fits into the screw tightly and crack the screw undone anticlockwise,,,, as soon as it moves stop and go clockwise a bit again.
Now run the motor until the fan kicks in.
Turn the heating button up as high as you can.
Start to unscrew anticlockwise the screw ONE TURN AT A TIME.
Turn it ,,,, look and wait
Turn it ,,,,look and wait
Turn it ,,,, wait
The screw (as it starts to release) will allow trapped gases to escape BUT if you get in there and start turning and turning there is a risk the screw can leave the threads completely, burning your hands and firing the screw across the motor so
turn it wait,,,,, no water or bubbles...
turn it,,,,wait
When you see water coolant let it leak away a little then close the screw Clockwise again.

If that doesnt cure it then its a new thermostat housing complete.
Cost approx £80 plus v and its 90 minute fitting time because its easier to remove stuff out of the way.

It could still be a partially plugged matrix but unlikely. These thermo units fail regularly. Do this first then if no better, its a matrix, £60 and 1 hour labour,,, both easy to do yourself.

ROBRAC
Hi Robrac,

I changed the thermostat, now AC / Heater not working. Can u plz explain me partially plugged matrix? I am getting this error "F72F Air blower fault"

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the Air Con Gas pressure maybe the sensor is Malfunctioning ?