What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heater

Steverich

Reaction score
Hi all, I've looked around on here but can't find any clues

The blower has stopped working on the car, the F11 40A fuse is OK in the under bonnet fuse box, I've looked in the handbook for anything related, but couldnt find anything.

The panel itself is working OK, all the buttons do what they should, but the blower simply isn't working, no matter what position, function etc. Nothing else appears to be amiss.

The unit was working fine until I parked it up a week or so

Pedro

Reaction score
Any fault codes? There is a resister behind the dash you need to check if the plug socket & pins are OK they can apparently over time become corroded it contains 5 pins to control the fan speed 1-4
One of my sons is a fleet tech in a large emergency services workshop🚔 & he has replaced a few of the resisters mainly on 3008s but its not uncommon in Peugeots for them to have problems so I would be looking for the socket to check it out

Steverich

Reaction score
Any fault codes? There is a resister behind the dash you need to check if the plug socket & pins are OK they can apparently over time become corroded it contains 5 pins to control the fan speed 1-4
One of my sons is a fleet tech in a large emergency services workshop🚔 & he has replaced a few of the resisters mainly on 3008s but its not uncommon in Peugeots for them to have problems so I would be looking for the socket to check it out
Hi Pedro . Thanks for the information. I presume the dash will have to be removed ? Will it , thanks again

Pedro

Reaction score
I don't reckon the dash needs to come out they are a consumable item so must be accessible maybe these will help

Attachments

• heater sensor4.PNG
    heater sensor4.PNG
    201.4 KB · Views: 8
  • heater sensor 2.PNG
    heater sensor 2.PNG
    220.7 KB · Views: 7
  • heater sensor.PNG
    heater sensor.PNG
    216.6 KB · Views: 7
  • heater blower 6.PNG
    heater blower 6.PNG
    185.8 KB · Views: 6
  • heater sensor3.PNG
    heater sensor3.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 6
  • heater sensor 5.PNG
    heater sensor 5.PNG
    140.3 KB · Views: 6

Windows95

Reaction score
Hi Steverich, the other week, in my GT, the fan would not run. I turned the fan control to full, back to Auto. Switched the ignition OFF and restarted, still no fan. Had to drive with the window open a crack for a short trip. On the way back still no fan, so thought that if I incresased the temperature it may help to keep the screen clear until I got home and had chance to check the fuse, but as I adjusted the temp, the fan started and it's been alright since. So try all the knobs and good luck.

Steverich

Reaction score
Hi Steverich, the other week, in my GT, the fan would not run. I turned the fan control to full, back to Auto. Switched the ignition OFF and restarted, still no fan. Had to drive with the window open a crack for a short trip. On the way back still no fan, so thought that if I incresased the temperature it may help to keep the screen clear until I got home and had chance to check the fuse, but as I adjusted the temp, the fan started and it's been alright since. So try all the knobs and good luck.
Hi widow . Thanks for the reply , was driving this morning with window down to keep screen clear . When over a speed bump. Which I didn’t see . Was covered by snow , then heater started . Seems fine know well chuffed . Again thank you for your input

Steverich

Reaction score
I don't reckon the dash needs to come out they are a consumable item so must be accessible maybe these will help
Thanks again Pedro for your information. Driving today went over a speed bump heater blower started working again . All seems good know

Pedro

Reaction score
Great if it goes again check the pins in the plug just to be sure its not shorting out

boatdriver

Reaction score
Thanks again Pedro for your information. Driving today went over a speed bump heater blower started working again . All seems good know
Exactley the same thing happened to me. The fan wouldn't work, then it would would work for a while then stop again. In the end I replaced the resistor and since then the fan has worked as it should. Access to the resistor by dropping the glove compartment out. As you are aware it's really necessary to have the windscreen demister fan working in the current weather conditions. Local lady was stopped and fined by traffic police for having a misted/fogged windsceen.£100 fine:eek: