What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heater permanently on , wheres the resistor?

Crazant

Reaction score
My heater is permanently blowing on full , everything on dash still seems to work , is the resistor first port of call ?, if so where is it , had a good search online and can't find much info, diy job or let the pros have it....

Thks

Pedro

Reaction score
The resister is controlling the fan so if that's still working its doubtful its causing this fault is the climate control working correctly & is it blowing hot air on both sides try alternating temp on passenger & the drivers side I know the 307s had a recall with this problem & it was a plastic climate control unit the fault appears to be the plastic cogs controlling the flaps shearing off resulting in no control of the air flow from hot & cold but on the Z it may be a different set up
A lack of refrigerant in the Air con system can also cause overheating ie blowing hot air continuously into the vents so it may be just a matter of checking the pressure & recharging the system or alternatively do you take it to your MD who will hook it up to the scanner for £90ish then start work to fix it ?

Crazant

Reaction score
Just in case anyone has the same issue , second-hand 20 quid genuine resistor off eBay and it's all sorted , don't make the mistake of buying a copy part , i did this first and it showed up with wrong connector for rcz and when it got power the whole heat sink / fin part was live 😐

Pedro

Reaction score
Just in case anyone has the same issue , second-hand 20 quid genuine resistor off eBay and it's all sorted , don't make the mistake of buying a copy part , i did this first and it showed up with wrong connector for rcz and when it got power the whole heat sink / fin part was live 😐
;)👏👍