What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Heated Seats Not Working?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Anyone had problems with their heated seats?

Mine don't appear to work at all. The control switches illuminate and the associated fuse is intact.
I did, however, find a thick brown wire next to the interior fuse box, on the right hand side, that doesn't appear to be connected to anything - just floating in space with a (sort of) bare end.

Does anyone else have the same?

A

Anonymous

I hear of people saying how effective the heated seats re, but personally I don't bother to turn mine on any more as they do not get noticeably hotter. So maybe mine are faulty too or perhaps they do work but I my expectations are wrong.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hmmm...still think it's worth investigating further. I'll have to take it to my local dealer and let them have a look.

A

Anonymous

ron they are thermostat controlled and variable settings also. i tend to set to full power first and reduce setting when warm.when i switch off the engine after a run the seat heater resets to off. :dance:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I hear of people saying how effective the heated seats re, but personally I don't bother to turn mine on any more as they do not get noticeably hotter. So maybe mine are faulty too or perhaps they do work but I my expectations are wrong.

Dont think your seats are faulty, i have same issue with mine,turn them on full and they take forever to just become just about mild let alone warm :thumbdown: . Think it may just be down to poor quality heater elements in seats as my previous car (bmw) had 3 stage heated seats and set it to number3 and you were not only warm but cooking within minutes so you had to lower them because they were too hot. :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Jeez, I think mine go into overdrive when on level 3!!! Literally burning my back! I find level one is just right :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Jeez, I think mine go into overdrive when on level 3!!! Literally burning my back! I find level one is just right :thumbup:
You quite clearly have the Scottish edition RCZ. We poor Englanders have make do with no - very moderate heated seats :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
donnaj1dlh said:
You quite clearly have the Scottish edition RCZ. We poor Englanders have make do with no - very moderate heated seats :thumbdown:

You 'Southern Jessies' don't need heated seats with your tropical climates - WE DO!!! :lol: :lol:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
So there's one reason we won't be visiting your God-foresaken land, then - some of the natives don't appear particularly friendly! Lol

A

Anonymous

Mine in the SE of England work fine, it was cool the other morning (not COLD, just cool) and I put mine on. Worked great.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Thanks, paul141 - that just confirms what I'm thinking.

Earliest date for examination from my local dealer is now in the New Year.

Hope it doesn't freeze down here before then ;-0

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi, folks - a quick status update on this.

While I've been away on business today, my local dealer has been looking into this for me.

I got a phone call this afternoon, telling me they'd like to remove the seats to investigate further.

In some ways, I see this as positive in that they appear to be confirming the issue. Regrettably, I was out of the country and couldn't chat for too long.

I need the car tomorrow and over the weekend, so I guess it'll have to go back for another visit at a time they can arrange a curtesy car for me.

I'll keep you posted on progress as an when.

A

Anonymous

Hope you get sorted soon Pete and you're not without your car for too long.

The heated seats really are lush, particularly on a cold, frosty morning.
Straight up to 3 and then slowly wind down to 1 as the (gentle) smell of roasting Buttocks of Gorwell starts to permeate through the car.

:?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Hi, Folks - another update.

My local dealer has been looking at my car again this week and has definitely found the problem.

Trouble is, they're having problems identifying the part number for the replacement fusebox/junction module. The item in question is shown om page 178 of the RCZ manual (mine, anyway!) as 'Box 2'. This is near the same place I found the loose brown wire I reported earlier.

Current estimate is it might take a couple of weeks to identify the part and get it delivered.

Fortunately, my dealer has effected a repair that allows the seat heaters to work. This would what they would do for an out of warranty repair but, because my car is still under warranty, they want to replace the parts properly.

I tried them on the way home - about 5 min drive - backside feeling rather toasty pretty quick, so I had to turn them down!

A

Anonymous

Well done peugeot :thumbup: my heated seats work very well but i dont use them and the electric seat adjustment is a totall waste of money in such a small car it could have been put to better use ie......xenon lights as standard or sports pack as standard off topic sorry pete :thumbup: peugeot must know your a MOD on this forum :lol: :lol:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Not convinced the fact I'm a moderator on this forum has made a blind bit of difference. This particular dealership has been under new management for about a year and this, in conjunction with Peugeots Podium 21012 programme, seems to have raised their game. I got update calls every day & curtesy car supplied with no insurance charge. OK it was only a humble 207, but it did the job.

A

Anonymous

Have a similar problem, was it the loose brown wire in the end? As mine is also not connected to anything near the glove fuse box