What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlights keep flashing to high beam

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have a problem with my RCZ THP156. I rarely use my car at night so i didnt notice this before. My car's headlights keep flashing at night mostly on the left light (right hand drive, left road). It makes other motorists feel like i'm flashing them or i forgot to turn of my high light, especially since i always go on narrow roads at night nowadays. I kept getting flashed back and its annoying me.

Is this normal? :crazy:

I did a few tests with my friends and family and found out;
1) from far range, like 500m ahead, the left lights flashed fully like high light but only on that left side.
2) from the left rear view window of my other car, the left lights keeps flashing every 3-5 sec. From the right rear view window and the middle rear view window its fine.
3) Tested with high light, bot left and right lit up, same brightness as when the left light's error.

So im not sure if its an electrical problem or its just the lights are made like that. The brightness for me(the driver) is good but blinding others is bad. Im not sure if its HID or Xenon but its the original stock from when i bought it back in 2012.

Thanks in advanced and please suggest solutions :D

A

Anonymous

Unless you opted for the vision pack when you bought the car you would have the standard bulbs in the head lamp unit. H7 I believe they are.
Someone may correct me here, but I dont think you can see the bulbs looking into the unit from the outside if you have the Xenon as it's behind a glass lens, so if you can see the bulbs I would say you have the standard unit.

Not sure if you see the same RCZ advert as I can at the top of this page, but it's only the glass lens lit up, not the whole unit, they are probably the Xenon vision pack lights, it's a brighter and more concentrated beam .

You may have a loose bulb in the unit that is moving around inside its holder causing the beam to look like it is flickering, from high to low, hence blinding other drivers. I had this on my VW Polo, and it was doing exactly as you describe.
It could even be a faulty element inside the bulb, if the element is vibrating then the light will flicker. The bulb or element inside the bulb, only needs to move a fraction, for the beam to alter or flicker.

Have you tried altering the height adjustment to see if both lights are adjusting equally ? Maybe the left one has somehow gone out of alignment ?

I think you may have a faulty or loose bulb, but getting back to your question, No it's not normal.

A

Anonymous

If u've headlight washers there xeons if u don't there standard bulbs.

The white square below the lights are the washers if u don't have em there standard bulbs.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply.

Brought my car to the dealer and told them to adjust the headlight's bulb height. I tried lowering both a little but making them the same level. Now they're fine.

And yeah i found out my car had headlight washers so i guess they're xenons. Many thanks!! :thumbup: