What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlights and LED conversion

KMG

Reaction score
Hi, I would like some advice please!

I have a 2014 156GT (Facelift)

To be honest, the headlights could be better, so looked at LED conversion.
Kits are available, but turns out that aftermarket LED bulbs are illegal 'cause they don't have an 'E' number.
Is it the case that LED bulbs can be fitted if the car was made with LEDs as an option?
Think I read that somewhere but it might have meant OEM sealed units.

Next, how can I tell if I have halogen or Xenon headlights?
Or the Vision pack, which I think is Xenon?

Can I have the Vision Pack retrofitted if I don't already have it?

Lastly, if I just have bog standard halogens, what make of halogens bulbs are the brightest..at least I can fit those.

Really lastly, the bulbs in the offside headlamp units look fairly easy to change. (Famous last words?!)

The ones on the nearside look a little obstructed, by some sort of 'box'. What's the procedure for changing these? (Book into a dealer?!).

Thanks!

Kevin

Ps fitted LED conversion kits to my previous car, a Fiat Coupe 2L. It broke down and never moved again previous to its next MOT.
It looks like it would have failed due to my LED conversion (including ballest units), so I would have ended up taking them out again.

lfe

Reaction score
Cars with xenon have an optic in the headlight, like a magnifying glass.

In halogen headlights you can see the bulb perfectly from the front, in xenon headlights you can't.

Buy top brand halogen bulbs, Philips or Osram.

Nor is the conversion from halogen to xenon legal.

KMG

Reaction score
Thanks. So can the Vision Pack be retro-fitted? And is it easy to change the headlight bulbs?

So basically, if I have Halogen bulbs, I'm stuck with Halogen bulbs, at least until the laws catch up on new technology. At least I can fit brighter bulbs...!

lfe

Reaction score
What some users have recently asked here is how to change the xenon headlights for halogen ones, since all xenon replacement parts are very expensive.

Halogen bulbs are not difficult to change, it is done inside the hood, there are videos on YouTube.

KMG

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest LED bulb replacements for the RCZ (excluding the main and dipped beam) ie, front indicators, rear brake/side, reverse, fog, and number plate that actually work, without giving canbus errors? How come normal filament bulbs don't give these errors? Is switching to LED bulbs actually worth the effort?

Thanks.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the reason they can give errors with the CANbus system is it is expecting a certain resistance within a circuit.

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the MOT criteria for LED front lights

Attachments

• LED lights.PNG
    LED lights.PNG
    255.5 KB · Views: 11

lfe

Reaction score
Now there exist the OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER H7-LED, approved to be installed in some countries, all in the EU, and only for certain models and the RCZ does not appear on the list.