What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Headlight unit catastrophe

Reaction score
I need major help as what seemed a minor problem is starting to spoil the car for me.

My tail of woe started before Xmas when the right hand side headlight bulb shattered inside the unit, leaving lots of blue bits of glass scattered inside (never happened before or since).

Anyway being a keen detailer, that bugged the hell out of me, so I borrowed a tiny vacuum and managed to get about 80% of the glass out. The bits that are left still bug me, but worse still there are some tiny scuffs from the vacuum head inside the unit.

Now comes the real problem. I seem to have a couple of beams of light shining directly into the sky, spotting for planes at night. I can see them reflecting on trees and clouds. Seriously. I'm thinking I bent the reflector cup thing with the vacuum, but no amount of adjustment stops my WW2 searchlight looking for bombers.

My conclusion is just buy another headlight unit and be done with it. Hours of online research however, has found little or no instruction on how to change the headlight unit. Europarts has genuine ones in the sale this weekend for £121, but I have no idea or confidence how to fit one.

Help please before I sell the car.

:helpme: :D

tianorth

Reaction score
Which type of headlight is it?
What year/mk1 or mk2?
Have you tried scrap yards for cars with rear end damage?
Have you looked at other cars eg Peugeot 308's, Citroen's etc?

I may have the wrong end of the stick with above comment.

I can get a picture of the headlight area for the car, can you pm me your Vin number.

tianorth

Reaction score

Looks like just held in by 3 bolts, but the bottom one looks like bumper off!

Reaction score
To clarify. I want help fitting a new headlight not buying one.

So it looks like bumper off. How hard is that ? Anyone done it and how big a job is it ? Do I risk damaging anything else ? Again, I can't find anything online.

Car is a 13 plate Magnetic by the way and thanks for replies so far.

:thumbup:

tianorth

Reaction score
There is a thread I think on here that someone has removed there bumper with pictures not too long ago.

Which colour is yours?

I've got a black hdi.

Reaction score
tianorth said:
There is a thread I think on here that someone has removed there bumper with pictures not too long ago.

Which colour is yours?

I've got a black hdi.

Thanks I will try and find it.

Black 200.

thornebt

Reaction score
I've got a couple of headlights that were removed from my 2010 RCV after a taxi reversed into me. They were replaced as two flimsy brackets had broken. If you want photos of any part of them please let me know. Sometimes it's difficult to see what you're dealing with whilst it's still fitted but easier when you see the part out of the car. Cheers. Bruce.

Reaction score
thornebt said:
I've got a couple of headlights that were removed from my 2010 RCV after a taxi reversed into me. They were replaced as two flimsy brackets had broken. If you want photos of any part of them please let me know. Sometimes it's difficult to see what you're dealing with whilst it's still fitted but easier when you see the part out of the car. Cheers. Bruce.

Brilliant thanks Bruce. How did you remove them ? Did you have the bumper off ?

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Looks quite scary but will give it a go when I'm feeling brave.

I have a feeling the headlight may be an Mot fail at its first Mot later in the year so needs must.