What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HDI GT Noise from engine bay

A

Anonymous

Turn up your volume and take a listen to this any ideas?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Wt2e6t2Z0[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

no idea but the large hose shouldnt collapse i dont recon. back to the dealer asap.

A

Anonymous

ive got a brand new hdi arriving for the showroom next week so will listen to that as a comparison.

A

Anonymous

Think I should take that GT 200 off your hands next Marcus ha!ha!

A

Anonymous

The hose should certainly not be collapsing, therefore you do need to take the vehicle to your Dealer.

A

Anonymous

I don't want to moan on for ages over this matter but my RCZ has been in the dealer today and apprently all RCZ's do this when you turn them off? Strange to believe I know. Could someone else check theirs and let me know. Mine is the 2.0 Hdi
Cheers

A

Anonymous

no noise from my hdi, just a slight noise a while after switching off maybee computer shutting down,had it on my last car 308cc,so not a prob.

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
I don't want to moan on for ages over this matter but my RCZ has been in the dealer today and apprently all RCZ's do this when you turn them off? Strange to believe I know. Could someone else check theirs and let me know. Mine is the 2.0 Hdi
Cheers

Hi rczmk,

I had a long talk with the master tech who looked at the car, apparently there is a shut off valve/flap in the intake system to the intercooler that when the engine is warm closes as the ignition is switched off, this creates a temporary vacume in the system which makes that very soft hose suck itself in for a few seconds.

I spent a few minutes extracting the urine out of him about this then ended up with egg on my face when he showed me another one (a white hdi) do exactly the same thing.

best regards

Marcus

Ps this only applies to hdi's as petrol thps have diffent intake plumbing and hoses.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Marcus it's hard to believe I know you are the experts :)