What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HDi 2010 engine oil pump recall (code ZHD)

frankvdb

Reaction score
My HDi is one of the first built (registered April 2010).
I recently got a mail from Peugeot that a part of the engine oil pump may be defective resulting in a warning light in the dashboard lighting up and possible engine damage.
The intervention will be carried out by the Peugeot dealer free of charge. :)

I already had an appointment for 60000 km service, first MOT, changing back to summer tyres and updating the NG4 firmware, so they'll also carry out the above.
The mechanic will have a busy day... :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing that about the recall. We have very mixed reports of dealership experience and I'm sure that that'll be of much interest to other diesel owners!

Sounds like you've lost none of the affection that drew you to the car given the miles put on the clock and the time you've had her. Great stuff!! Hopefully, the mechanic isn't kept too busy by her!!

frankvdb

Reaction score
Yes I am very happy with the car and it has never really disappointed me in a major way.
It never broke down and was always there when I needed it and followed my commands (also when I steered it into a lighting post for which the front parking sensors failed to warn me resulting in expensive damage but fortunately it was still safe to drive home).
It was a demo car before I bought it so did already have 16000 km on the clock. I've had it since October 2010 and am now approaching 60000.

It did have a preventative replacement of the turbo shortly after I bought it when the dealer found a miniscule oil trace coming from it. This laborious replacement was carried out free of charge.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
My impression is that my dealer (Velthuis in Heijen) knows the RCZ very well and they have at least one mechanic who knows the car inside out (even though I think they didn't sell more than 3).

A

Anonymous

I don't think I'll ask any more about the lighting post incident!! :eek: It sounds like you've got a very helpful and knowledgeable dealership which must be very reassuring! I also very much like your words of wisdom re prevention being better than the cure...http://f0.bcbits.com/z/15/48/1548312044-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

I don't think I'll ask any more about the lighting post incident!! :eek: It sounds like you've got a very helpful and knowledgeable dealership which must be very reassuring! I also very much like your words of wisdom re prevention being better than the cure...http://f0.bcbits.com/z/15/48/1548312044-1.jpg