What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HDD...what the ruddy hell?

A

Anonymous

Evening my love monkeys,

I am wondering, I have a 160gb HDD with all my iTunes on it. I plugged it into the USB port, snugly fit the HDD into the armrest and all that happened is it made an odd noise. No music or anything....

...any suggestions at all?

A

Anonymous

Car can read only disk/flash formated in Fat32. And I think maximum size for disk/flash is 16gb.

A

Anonymous

I've had an 5 year old 40gb HDD MP3 player plugged into the USB port and the NG4 3D picked up most tracks. But even on an 80% full 40GB HDD the system couldn't cope with accessing all the tracks some folders just appeared empty. So it'
s possible you could get a 160GB HDD to work but I wouldn't hold out much hope of being able to access more than a fraction of the track stored on it. Also I found the the firmware on the MP3 player occasionally went a bit screwy when the car switched off I'm guessing the system didn't disconnect from the MP3 player in a tidy manner. I've resorted to using USB sticks instead. Shame.

Anyone experimented with video media divx, xvid, mp4, etc... Was wondering the NG4 system can handle playing them off a USB stick/internal HDD. I've found the the DVD player is completely and utterly useless (unless I'm missing something). From what I can tell the DVD will blank the screen above a say for example 5mph. So you have to be effectively stopped, but then for instance if you're parked the car goes to economy mode in about 5mins and shuts everything down automatically so you can't watch it with the engine off. So it looks like you have to be stationary with the engine running to watch a DVD at current fuel prices it's probably cheaper to go to the cinema.