What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Have you been locked out of the Car?

A

Anonymous

I found this information whilst researching access systems, and thought it may be worth remembering in an Emergency.

Does your car have a remote Keyless entry method ? And do you carry a Mobile telephone?
If you lock your keys in the car, and the spare keys/ Entry Fob, are at home................Call someone at home, on your Mobile, (Hoping someone is at home!)

Hold your Mobile about 30cm from the Car door, and have the person at home to press the Unlock Button, holding the spare Fob near to the handset in the home. Your car should recognies the HF signal and unlock the door.

The author of this piece confirmed that he was forced to try this method whilst on holidays in the South of the country, and by calling his daughter in Perth, they were successful in gaining access, saving them a lot of grief.

Must be worth trying before calling the breakdown Service me thinks !

A

Anonymous

thats brilliant! I have to try that just as a party trick :dance:

A

Anonymous

although thinking about it, how on earth could you lock your keys in the car?...........that cant happen can it?

A

Anonymous

Some cars still have the door lock buttons fitted. It is possible that they may have been pressed down unintentially and the door accidentally closed, hence locking the contents therein.

A

Anonymous

What if you've locked your phone in the car too?...with the RCZ I keep mine in the front cubby....

A

Anonymous

I was not making a direct suggestion to the RCZ, but to cars in general. Take it as some assistance if required, but if you prefer to find fault in it............please your self.

A

Anonymous

"Crikey! bad day, MEvans?" hahha!....he's snapped at me before, I take it with a pinch of salt.

It cant happen?....how is that? I presume if it is paired with the bluetooth the car acknowledges this?

A

Anonymous

if the keys are in the car theres no one to click the fob and lock it.

A

Anonymous

But I've noticed when I was washing the car, it re-locks itself after a short period....though come to think about it, it only did that if I hadn't opened the car.

soundwave5150

Reaction score
Would this not mean that someone with (for example) a sennheiser shotgun mic could stakeout your house, record the HF signal and come back the next day and unlock your car?

A

Anonymous

soundwave5150 said:
Would this not mean that someone with (for example) a sennheiser shotgun mic could stakeout your house, record the HF signal and come back the next day and unlock your car?

if the they were willing to do that they can get the car unlocked but they will have no chance of getting the car going considering nowadays you cannot hot wire a vehicle you have to physically have the car key to get the car going.

That is why nowadays they steal the car keys on newer cars because of being impossible to steal without them.

this technique is also a lot cheaper than using a microphone that is sensitive enough to pick it up which thieves tend to go for the cheaper and easier ways.