What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Has it ever been disassembled?

lfe

Reaction score
I have had my 2010 156HP for 2 years and the previous owner did not give me any repair history, he only had it for 3 months.

Do you think the rocker cover in the photos was ever removed or is it the original assembly?

I know that the black paste is put on the joints when there is a change in level.

Thanks !

Attachments

• rocker2.jpg
    rocker2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 27
  • rocker1.jpg
    rocker1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27

Pedro

Reaction score
You don't normally see the sealant that thick on the corners ?

lfe

Reaction score
I had seen it in the oil pan in older cars, in the corners of the crankshaft passage.

There would be the answer to my question, knowing if they put that sealant in originally

Pedro

Reaction score
You can clearly see where the finger has overrun from the line sealant pathway & where is the sticker from the rocker cover ?
I have stuck numerous sump & rocker covers down so it looks to me like some has at some removed it for a leak issue ?

lfe

Reaction score
Sealant removed, it was very superficial, just pulling a little it has fallen off.

Now I believe the cover has never been removed.
Car has 136000 km

Thank you !

Attachments

• rocker3.jpg
    rocker3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6